Where to shop for cheap stuff in Taipei

By Unknown - January 30, 2014

Been in Taiwan for about three and a half month, I would like to share with everyone where you can get cheap clothing in Taipei. I remember during the first two weeks in Taiwan, I keep going down Taipei during my off day and managed to shop a lot. Every day I can spend up to NT3, 000 – 4,000 which mean about $181 including clothing and food! I want to write this post because my friend says I really can shop a lot despite me paying so little for very nice clothing. So far I have spent all the money I bring to Taiwan, even thou I spend so much but I know is worth it.

Here is some of the recommendation place I would advise you to check out when you come to Taiwan Taipei!




1st recommendation: Wu Fen Pu


Wu Fen Pu is actually a wholesale place for retail shops! A place where you can actually get really good deals. I think almost every day they are open but for Monday are especially for retail owner to come and shop for it, but it does not mean you can’t come to shop just that the shop owner will not serve you that are all! In Wu Fen Pu in each of the shop they will have racks that sell really cheap clothing like 2 clothing for NT100 or even cheap deals! If you want cheap deals, check out their racks! The reason they are selling cheap, I guess is because they clearing stocks, some error or additional stock? Maybe next time when you are here buying those clothing from the rack, double check before purchasing and I believe that just spending NT1000 there you can get a lot of clothing! 




2nd recommendation: Taipei Main Station underground


I really love Taipei Main Station Underground mall. They do not just do shopping, they also have places for you to eat, hair salon and many more interesting stores you will be interested to check it out! Not all the clothing shop selling very cheap, when you see something you like, don’t buy immediately, continue to walk and I am sure you will see something cheaper! I recently bought a pants in a shop and guess what it cost only NT98 only le, which mean $4.45! Super cheap! 


3rd recommendation: Night Market


From my observation, if you shop at tourist night market, the things sold are much higher than those normal night market which Taiwanese’s will usually go. But to us or to me, the price differences are not much. I guess people like me who are from Singapore; the things we buy here are usually so cheap because of the exchange rate. While I shop in Night Market, I will check out cheap clothing and at the same time also need to make sure is good quality. Try to bargain if can, if they disagree then you should just walk away and check out other store! 

These are the three places I would recommend you to shop!



Follow me on the social media:

Twitter: @ tiffanywong
Instagram: @tiiffanywong
Facebook Page: @tiffanywong
Dayre: @tiffanywong
 : ) 






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments