what to eat at shilin night market

By Unknown - January 04, 2014

My OOTD for the day! You must be thinking, why is my picture so dark? Is because we are leaving the hotel and I secretly took this photo without them noticing if not they will say me cam-whoring! Will not be sharing where I purchase my top, bottom etc. I will share when I am back in Singapore because they are way too much shopping stuff I would want to share! 


From the left to right:
Jon, CK and myself.

Jon himself actually own a hotel blog, he reviews the hotel he stays and if you are interested to know more, you can visit his website at www.traveleverywhereluxury.com


Screen-shot of his travel blog on my phone!




The first day when they came, they slept for hours inside the hotel and we only left the hotel to head off to Night Market! I bring them to Shilin night market! I think everyone is familiar with this night market! Wondering how to get there: take a train RED LINE and alight at Jiantan MRT station. When you alight, you just follow the crowd and they will bring you to the night market. If you still can’t find, look at the signage and it will bring you there.

 The day we came really have lot of people, maybe is because its weekend. Usually when I come to night market I will come during weekdays when most people are working and usual that they will want to spend so much time in night market!  


Photo credit to Jonathan 

When I reach the entrance of the night market, first thing caught my attention is this store. I am in love with Tang hulu. I just run toward the store and bought strawberry and mixed with tomatoes. I paid NT 50 for one stick, is expensive but who care when I am in love with it! I am a happy girl! Anyone interested to bring this back to Singapore?



Tonight we will be singing K from 11pm – 5am in the morning. There will be buffet included too therefore I am not going to eat too much in the Night Market and I told them not to eat too much because they can eat all they want later on at night. 

Craving something small to eat and I saw this stall selling sweet potato therefore I stop and buy pepper favor one!


If I am not wrong I pay NT 30 for a small packet but inside really a lot, you can share with another person! I love the pepper favour and I did not regret choosing that because at first I thought it will be too spicy for me. But after the first bite, it taste super WOW! It will drive me to have the second bites!


 Come Taiwan, something you should not miss is their Taiwan sausage! Saw this store and there is no Q therefore we went ahead to buy 3 sausage since they are selling 3 for NT100. Remember when you come Taiwan to eat sausage, you notice there is garlic, you should pick up two small one and when you biting the sausage you should eat the garlic too because this is how Taiwanese’s eat and trust me the feeling is super shiok!



 The other thing you must do in Taiwan is to play their games! Shiling especially have a lot of store. Either shooting or throwing games! I play in shilling before throwing games but I did not win. It’s not easy to win but the process is fun, especially with your friends.


 CK have lot of craving for this! Something like Singapore prata, this is Taiwan prata! Despite the long Q, he will still want to Q because he says It is really very nice!I love this too, I always eat 575 breakfast store near my base during my off days because it is way too nice and I am unable to eat when I am back in Singapore!


 I guess is also famous till it appears on magazine!
 You might want to try when you are here in Shilin night market !


 Happy us with nice food in Taiwan !


 For Jon, he is looking for fried mushroom. He is still craving for the taste when we all last came to Taiwan for dragon-boat race, I think is about four years ago. The Q is always long but we all still Q for it. He is also an happy boy when he got his fried mushroom.
 
Myself. Jonathan. CK 
Waiting for train and head down to Xin Men Ding! Will tell you more on the next post on what we do there!  


Follow me on social media:  
Follow me on Twitter: @tiffanywong
Follow me on Instagram : @tiiffanywong
Follow me on dayne: @tiffanywong
Like my page on fb @tiffanywong
J

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments