Polar Bear Ice Skating World and Shilin Night Market Underground food area

By Unknown - November 29, 2013

Today will be the second day of my off day. Thanks to C.E I do not need to brain storm what I want to do, as yesterday we already planned where to go. In the afternoon we will go and eat first before heading to ice skating then in the evening head back to night market to shop and settle our dinner. 

 I been aiming at this Tim Sum eating place for quite some time especially when I am walking towards the cinema, I will always see people enjoying eating their Tim Sum! So since C.E has no idea what to eat, I suggested eating at this place called 港點大師.

This is what we actually ordered. They actually have different meal set for one person or for two people. I wanted to order the two person meal but there is Tim Sum inside which I don’t eat therefore both of us decided to order separate. Both of us order Set 1 together. 

 In the picture is not only for myself but is the service staff place both of our order together so that the table will not have lot of plate! If I am not wrong the meal actually cost about NT 140 or NT 170 which mean Singapore 6 to 8 dollar! I think it is really worth and after eating, I feel super full! I would rate this Tim Sum 8/10!


 After finish our lunch, we head down to ice skating in Xin Men Ding. After coming to this place for many times, I still don’t know there is Ice Skating there. In Singapore, there is but then I never go and play because I have no interest and quite expensive to me whom do not have any interest. Since, in Taiwan is much cheaper and I have nothing to do, there is no reason for me to reject it.

 If you have no idea where this place, you just head down to the department store near the MRT station and find a lift there and take lift up to level 8. From the picture itself, you can actually see that this building they actually have a lot of place selling really cheap goods, the next time I come again I will check it out.


 The ticket for students during weekdays is actually NT 170 and for shoes you got to pay additional about NT 50 if I am not wrong. They will not refund you the shoes money which I thought at first, it will; x the price for weekend will be more expensive by about NT 30-NT50? For more information, you can check out their website:


 This is my first time and the shoes it is kind of difficult to tie so I just anyhow tie. I kind of regret wearing this pants to skate but nevertheless I hope it is going to be very fun!


In total, I fall about four times. First time I fall onto my buttock and second time I fall onto my hand and the third/ fourth time is the most serious one! The third time I fall onto my knee and it is very painful till I can’t stand up on my own, I craw myself onto the side and pull myself up! Despite falling so many times, I never give up. I continue to skate and fourth time I fall again and I injure my ankle! That is the point where I decided to rest because if I continue to skate I afraid that I will injure more. But nevertheless, I think it is really a good experience and I believe in the future I will play ice skating again.


 Spotted Cold Stone store and I decided to go in to enjoy the ice cream! I saw a group of people standing in-front of the store, and I went to take a look. There is a game outside and we are able to win some Cold Stone voucher. So I just give it a try!


Random picture of them in the process of making our ice-cream! 


Strawberry Banana Ice cream + Wafer! Super yummy!  


Did not have much mood to take picture because of the new pants that I have bought! The leg part is quite tights, walking for me is alright but when sitting down is a problem for me. Therefore, all I want is to walk and eat! If you are wondering, why I still have a picture of my own is because I take a quick picture while I am waiting for my friend’s order to be ready!

In the midst of eating our ice cream, we were discussing on where to go at night! Actually C.E wanted to bring me to another night market but later when I want to head back to my base, It will not be very convenience therefore we decided to head down to Shilin night market which both of us agreed on. The above picture shows the underground pass to Shilin Night Market, this is another way if you do not want to cross the traffic light.


While we are shopping around, I spotted this store selling this nice bag which cost only NT 299 which means Singapore Dollar about $13. I kind of love this bag and I would like to buy for my daddy and I not sure whether he like it a not therefore I what’s app him the picture and by the time he reply me, the bag already sold to someone else and I got to choose another bag for my dad as he need one for his work! He was quite disappointing, so am I! I regret why at the first place I did not purchase it first L but nevertheless, if I am going to see the bag again I will buy! 


Today my planning to eat small thing instead of eating one full meal! When you come to Taiwan, you should eat finger food instead of one full meal because their night market they have lot of different nice food for you to try on! When we head down to food area, we saw there are really a lot of store selling Seafood and after looking around for a while we decided to sit down and guess what both of us ordered? 


I ordered the left hand side one and C.E order the crab! Both of them cost NT 150 each which mean $7 each. I order because I think I have ate something similar in Singapore but when I try the first mouth I realize it was totally different therefore I still just continue to eat and if they have “HAM” there it will be better. “HAM” does not refer to the English HAM but seafood I always call them “HAM”! Those got blood one! The crab have a lot of meat but for me it does not suit my liking, I would prefer those with curry or black pepper those type. i would rate it 7/10! 

I will have more post coming up about Taiwan, if you want to see more beautiful photo of 
Taiwan, feel free to follow me on Instagram @tiiffanywong ! :) 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments