The Hunger Game Catching Fire and Nanya Night Market 南雅夜市

By Unknown - November 27, 2013

Monday and Tuesday will be my off day! I really have no idea where I will want to go because those places I want to go, I already visited them already! Wanted to try to explore a new places but I have no idea how to get to the place, maybe next time I should plan my trip when I got time. 

 Oh yeah, so on Monday I head down to Xin Men Ding again! I went down there to watch movie and also at the same time I went to meet up my Singapore Friend Esther, she come to Taiwan for holiday with her family and it’s been a while since we last met! I knew her through my ITE days when I have internship at Popular! 

I personally don’t really like shopping at Xin Men Ding, the reason why I always go there is because I go there to watch movie and this time round I will be watching Hunger Game! On my twitter feed page, I always see how people commenting on how awesome that movie is therefore I tell myself that during my off day, I must head down to watch! At a street in Xin Men Ding, there is a few cinema out there for you to choose and for me I choose to watch IMAX 2D! The tickets I pay in total were about NT 420 if I am not wrong, in Singapore it is about $18 including a small popcorn and coke! And I want to share something with all of you a super embarrassed moment happened when you go watch movie alone.

Photo credit to goggle 

1st Incident happened : when I am waiting for my cinema hall to open, I was holding my camera , popcorn and drinks on my hand and suddenly I don’t know why suddenly I lost the balancing in holding it and popcorn and some of my drinks drip down on the floor and no one was there to help me. All I can do is to put my food on the counter and while the service staff came out, I got to apologise to them but thankful the reply I got back from them is never mind , it’s okay, I will clean it later ( In Chinese) ! I guess I was lucky the service staff was in a good mood if not all I get was a black face! HAHA!

2nd incident happened: This is my first time watching at this cinema and I was sitting comfortably at my seat which I thought was my seat! But guess what? When a group of people was standing around my side, they are thinking whether am I seating at the wrong place? And when I double check my ticket, I realize I seat at the wrong place. Super blur and embarrassed! I apologised and I went to seat at the correct place. When I reach the correct place, there are two couple sitting beside me and a couple guys was sitting beside me and when I seat down he immediately went to change place with the girlfriend. In the girlfriend position, I think is good that boyfriend change place but as a stranger, it is kind of weird! Do I look like those who I will eat up guys? 


Credit to Goggle 

The movie is about 2 hour and 30 minutes! I would give The Hunger Game: Catching Fire an 8/10! It was nice but some of the parts I can actually predicted what will be the outcomeL. But nevertheless, I am still looking forward to the next Hunger Game 3, should be have according to how they actually end it! And also share about embarrassed moment in the mid of the movie, I wanted to go washroom but I tahan because I do not want to miss any part of the movie and I been aiming at the exist for quite some-time having second thought for just heading to washroom but nevertheless I manage to tahan and after movie, I speed to washroom. So next time it will be good when I don’t buy drinks while I am watching movie. 


After movie, I went to meet C.E at Banqiao mrt station! We need to take a bus to the night market! It not really very accessible (when you need to take a bus) , you need to check which bus to get there( ask MRT service staff, they are very friendly one) . I personally not just sure and did not take note of the bus as I was busy talking to my friend and when the bus come I just board; x 

 Nice decoration. Totally have a few of Christmas and at the same time after December come it will be closer for me to go home!


 Nanya Night Market 南雅夜市

I heard from my friend that this is the only night market that every stall PASS the “Safe to eat”! (You get what I mean)! Unlike other night market some of the staff does not pass the requirement and all of us do not know which stall and still enjoy eating the food.


 A blur photo again L.
 I really need a new camera even though my phone camera is good enough.

 This is a very famous pork rib soup stall! My friend brings me here and she say is very nice therefore I give it a try! This night market has a lot of stall selling this, but this is the best according to my friend and it cost only NT50 which mean $2.20.


 This is how big the portion is! There are about 5 piece of meat inside! Just by looking at the photo I bet you are feeling hungry right now ?


 C.E and myself enjoying out Pork Rib Soup! Super YUMMY after drinking the soup and the meat does well with the sauce! The taste is totally different from what I have drunk in Singapore. After I finish this portion, I actually wanted to have a second one but then in my mind I tell myself I still want to try the rest of the famous and nice food here in this night market! ! I would rate this Pork Rib Soup and 10/10!

 The photo I took after I eaten finish it! There are really a lot of pork ribs and I wonder how much pig is inside? LOL!


 Spotted this Tung LULU store and I have been aiming to try this but every-time I want to try it comes into my mind that it is going to be very sweet. Therefore, to avoid regrets, I decided to try it today and I chose strawberry stick! It cost NT 50 for one which mean $2.20 Singapore Dollar!
 I am a happy girl with Tung LULU ! I guess everyone love this photo because in my Instagram account @tiiffanywong I got 30 Likes for this picture, it might not seem to be a lot of likes to many people but for me I think is a lot! If you have not followed me on instagram, you should follow today to enjoy seeing many Taiwan nice food and places! After one stick, I totally fall in love with this and I almost wanted to buy a second one. I would give this tung LULU an 9/10!

On Sunday before I head back to base, one of the staff Xiao Pai went to buy Duck head meat and it taste super nice and when I saw this store, it came into my mind of how tasty the meat I have try yesterday so I decided to get the duck leg and head meat at this store. 


 Closer photo of food they are selling. I pay about NT 80 for about 4 items, I did not take picture because the uncle fried and cut very fast and he placed it into a paper bag! I thought it is very little but then I took quite some time to finish it and it is very nice, just by typing this post I start to think of the food I am eating.

 At the same time, the night market there also got a few store selling fruits! Most of them selling 3 packets for NT 100 dollar! I thought it was quite worth it as three packets you can choose different fruits! C.E and I share to get three types of fruits. The fruits are sweet but the portion for each is not worth it, maybe that Is how they earn money!


 C.E shows me this store which has Q! They are selling Popcorn and place into a milk bottle, super cute! It cost NT 150 and she does not cook popcorn as a whole but bit by bit therefore when you get your popcorn it will be hot and yummy!

C.E gets this milk bottle popcorn for her boyfriend, so sweet J


When you come to Taiwan night market, you must come and play their games! I play and I won this! I am going to bring back to Singapore and let my sister play! Hopefully I can bring through the customs as this is a toy and not something dangerous, anyone knows whether I can bring back? Comment at this post to let me know.

After shopping at night market, thanks to one of my colleague for driving me back to base and I reach base about 12 midnight! And I am looking forward to the next day as I be heading to do ice skating! WEEEE! TOTALLY EXCITED! 






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments