九份 Jiufen In Taiwan Taipei

By Unknown - November 04, 2013

I am having two days off therefore I decided to just stay in Taipei for one night so that I do not need to travel from Tao Yuan down to Taipei early in the morning. Therefore, my Taiwan internship mates went to search online for the hostel and she found this 西門橙舍Taipei City Hostel  and I think it is reliable because it is recommended by Trip advisor! If I am not wrong one person staying for one night in Singapore dollar is about $20 plus, super worth! The address is: No 41, Sec 2, Hankou St, Wanhua Dist, and Taipei Taiwan.

We took about half an hour to find the place even by using the goggle map so I think it would better for you to check beforehand. If not you will be spending quite a while standing around looking for the place. 



Sorry that I did not take picture of the room because there is another bag packer sleeping inside the room and also by the time I reach there is about mid night and all I want is to bath and sleep immediately instead of taking so much picture. But nevertheless, I will share my experience with you guys ! 


I took some picture of the entrance, once you reach there the one who book the hostel got to show your IC and make your payment before you can head up! The person there will show you the room, toilet and the stuff you can use. I was amazed how nice the place was. 

Overall, my stay there I would rate 7/10! I love the sleeping area which they have clean pillow and nice comfortable bed. But I don’t like their toilet, super dirty and I have to go down second level to use. The drying hair area also very dirty with lot of hair and that moment I wish to leave and head off to bed but I can’t sleep with a wet hair! The tip to leave no hair is pick it up and throw it away (YOUR OWN HAIR)!


The next morning before we leave to Jiu Fen , we went somewhere near our hostel to have our breakfast. The equipment are very traditional.



I ordered a ham egg wrap! Super Yummy! If I am not wrong is only 40 Taiwan dollar.
The reason why I will come back because once I order my food I will bring it away to eat it , if I got to consumer there I think I will just can’t wait to leave their immediately because of the aunt black face and super rude in talking. 




After that we went to take a train to Jiu Fen. The train journey was kind of bad for me because when I went up the train there is a big group of Korea students was around my sitting area and after sitting down a while got this Tour guide speak super loudly asking me and my friend to stand up because the seat is already taken and I was like super pissed. I told the Korea student why don’t they tell us , we confirm will let them seat because they got book ticket for the seats. I tell them in English and what is bad is English and Chinese they don’t understand, then they should have international hand sign -_-! Totally spoiled my mood early in the morning. Overall the train nothing special but it is good to come and experience once in the life time. 


Really a nice scenery here !
You need to take a bus from the station and once you alight , you will be able to see this area. 




Group photo before we set off.


I love this photo of myself with nice scenery behind me.





Kind of regret to attire I wore on that day! Please don’t judge me based on my attire. I thought I come here will be immediately winter but nevertheless it is still hot and the weather is getting colder and colder especially at night. My friend ask me to wear those attire which I bought in Taiwan but my reply is , I don’t want because I want to bring back to Singapore for Chinese New Year clothing. 


Sorry for the blur photo. This picture of the street was taken in the morning when there are not much of people and not much of store is open. Therefore I would recommend everyone to come after 1 pm when the entire store is open and there will be a lot of people. 

While walking around, there is also nice scenery to enjoy the cold weather and if you are alone there just sitting down, I believe you will feel the peace inside of you. And you would want to stay there and don’t want to go back to the busy city. 



We went to walk around and I did not take any picture because I am lazy and I manage to spot this store which sell Taiwan souvenir. I wanted to get some for my friends and family but when I think again, I rather buy food for them as they can take into their stomach instead of just having some stuff which put Taiwan only. I think instead of having souvenir, they want to personally come to experience Taiwan themselves. So food will be the best! You also agree right?  


The Taiwan internship girl told me that this store dessert is very nice. Sorry my Chinese is very bad; you should be able to read from the picture itself. 


This store appears in Newspaper and Magazine! The newspaper seems to be very long time ago as the paper turn in yellow or should I say is brown color


I order a cold one as I don’t really like hot dessert.


The entire ingredient inside the dessert the worker makes it themselves instead of producing from the factory itself. Nowadays you seldom can see handmade anymore. 




This is the dessert I am eating. Looks super yummy right ?


Random shot of me with the dessert 


I realize the place has lot of cats and to be honest every time I see cat it remind me of Hema who is overseas right now! I miss her man, can’t wait to see her when she is back to Singapore. 


I just love the scenery there, but the picture it can’t tell much because this entire photo is taken by my phone, my sponsored camera already given back to the company. I don’t think I want to get a new camera but if there is any camera company want to sponsor me do feel free to email me at tingting_6765@hotmail.com , I be in Taiwan from today till 29 Jan! 
Taiwan Company is welcome too! If I like the camera there is high chance that I will buy it. 


Beside those store which selling those souvenir, they also have this interesting store who sell those childhood sweets and I believe there is one type of sweet you will recognize. I went in to take a walk and took a few pictures but did not manage to buy any sweets as I do not have any few for the sweets!


WOOHOOOOO ~



Everywhere you go, you will get to see animals especially dogs and cats! Spotted this cute Dog and manage to get a photo of me and him. 


Fake transformed! One of my friends who love transformer and I send him this picture and I tell him if he wants it? And the reply from him was a dog picture. I can’t afford to buy a dog here. If he wants a fake Dog toy I don’t mind getting for him. Wahaha ! 


I was so hungry until I forget to take this picture of the store which I have bought the fish ball from. I love the fish ball and the soup, is really awesome! I would give it an 10/10 man! The first bite on the fish ball you might feel that is not so awesome but after a few mouth, trust me you will love it as I do. 



Peanut wrap with Ice Cream, its seems to be nice! I stand aside looking how the lady makes it and it really attract my attention. I bought one at the end and eat all by myself because my friend doesn't want! 


It’s taste really nice and while I am blogging looking at this ice cream, my stomach is calling out for this yummy ice cream! Anyone knows any night market sells this? I want to eat this again. 


Interesting different colour of sausage! My friend bought one of each and I manage to taste one of the black one and I think the original taste better than the black one. I wanted to get because I am so hungry but at the end I did not buy is because I have eaten so many sausage and is time for me to try to other food. 



After all the walking around shopping and eating, we came to Gold Ecological Park. 



There are quite a few museums in that area and if you are interested in visiting museums you can visit Jinguashi Gold Ecological Park which I have visited. Here is some of the picture I took inside. 





Took random photo of myself outside the museums, quite interesting to know how this come about but I don’t remember already :x Therefore if you want to know you should go explore yourself J


Track to walk on it to explore the place



Going to pose with anything and everything found there which I think it is interesting


A staircase to heaven (I name it myself) It is because it is going to be long way up to reach the top


Nice scenery to see while heading up the top  


A few more steps before I reach the top and when I am walking up my knee start aching and I think it is time for me to get some spray or cream. When I am heading up to mountain climbing I think I would need it with me. 


Yeah I reached! 


Relaxing alone here and do some thinking and enjoying the cold air!




Yay, I touch the gold bar in here! Is really heavy when I try to lift it up. 
If you are interested then you can come and visit here when you come to Taiwan.

Hope you enjoy reading and if you are interested to follow me on my social media 
do feel free to @tiffanywong on Twitter and @tiiffanywong on Instagram :) 
See you guys there !  




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments