EXPLORE TAIWAN TAIPEI FOR THE FIRST TIME BY MYSELF

By Unknown - November 19, 2013

First day of my off day that I am looking forward to. Not because I dislike my job just that this will be the first time I be going to Taipei alone and i manage to search the places which is recommended by people through the app called Trip Advisor! 

First place I be heading to is Famous Xiao Long Bao , I don’t know what is the shop English name but then you can see it from the picture I took. 

Here is the address:
No 17, Er Section, Hangzhou South Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei Taiwan

Wondering how to go:

Take a train to Chiang Kai Shek MRT station and exist 3 and from there you can ask people or use goggle map! In order to find this place, I ask about five people in total and I remember there is one person telling me that the restaurant closed down already and that point of time I almost went crazy but with my fighting spirit of finding the restaurant I have never give up !

This Famous Xiao Long Bao restaurant !


Specially took this picture of the restaurant so to show you guys the name of it in Chinese! If you want to try their Xiao Long Bao , you can actually come to Taiwan to try by asking around or if you are Taiwanese you might want to come and try it yourselves !


Sorry for the blur picture.

This picture I just want to show the people inside the restaurant.


Is Air condition too!


When I enter into the restaurant, the service staffs actually gave me the order list and guess what? I don’t understand therefore I went to ask the service staff and he came back with an English menu! I am a Chinese but I can’t read really well. I guess after 3 months in Taiwan , my Chinese will improved a lot!

Mixed Vegetable and meat
Forget what is the exact English name but then is something like a wrap.


To be honest, I don’t really like this dish. The reason I choose this dish because in the Menu it shows that the dish is recommended! Maybe it does not suit my own tasting!


Green Squash and Shrimp Xiao Long
I love this Xiao Long Bao! I would give it a 8/10!


From the picture you can see the Xiao Long Bao inside got green color thingy and shrimp!


After finish eating my lunch, I use goggle map on my phone to find my way back to the nearest MRT station and take down to Taipei Main Station! The reason why I want to go there is because of their underground shopping mall. I heard from my friends that they sell cheap stuff over there and a lot of interesting thing that I can check it out.



Tutti Frutti


I walk pass this yoghurt shop and I think for a while weather I want to eat a not but at the end I continue to shop instead of seating down to eat! After finish shopping, I decided to just seat down and chilled! Instead of having coffee, I decided to come to Tutti Frutti to have a yoghurt as it been quite a while since I have it here in Taiwan. 


There is a lot of different flavour. For me I just take a bit from each flavor. I don’t really remember what I take but overall is nice especially with my favorite topping M & M chocolate.
 I think total I spend about NT 200 + about Singapore dollar $8 and it might seem expensive but for me at that point of time all I want is to have a seat to relax and enjoy something cold and chilled.

After that I took a train down to Longshan Temple station and head to their night market to have a walk and take a look what they have! Since I tell myself that during these 4 months of internship in Taiwan, I would like to explore as much night market as I can if not I not sure when I be coming back to do so for such a long period of time, even thou I say I might be coming back next year bringing my daddy!

While I am walking Longshan night market area, I manage to see a few restaurants selling Snake soup and I went inside to take photo of their snake. To me I feel super disgusting and I wonder how people will head in to try the snake soup after they have seen the snakes?  


This snake skin looks very sticky.


Other than snakes, I manage to spot some rats? Or is it called a mouse?

This is even more disgusting than snakes! I thought rats are dirty, then how people able to put into their mouth !


This is one of the restaurants I spotted that sells snake soup.


If you are very adventures, you might want to come to Taiwan to try the snake soup and share with me how does it taste; x


Here is another restaurant! 


Their night market!

It is quite small I would say, but nevertheless I manage to get some cheap stuff for my family members!



Here is the picture of my buys from today trip! Some of the items inside the picture are for giveaway, so do stay tune on my social media for more information about then giveaway!


Follow me on Twitter @tiffanywong
Follow me on Instragram @tiiffanywong

Follow me on dayre @tiffanywong 

J Hope you enjoy reading it! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments