A DAY OUT TO TAIPEI TO RELAX RELAX RELAX 台北101 Taipei 101 n Shilin Night Market

By Unknown - November 13, 2013

Another day out to Taipei during my off day! The main purpose coming out today is actually eating Xiao Long Bao at Din Tai Fung. There is a lot of outlet in Taipei but then both my friend and I decided to come to Taipei 101 instead, since she have not come Taipei 101 before. This is my first time coming to Taipei 101 in the day time as last two times I came to Taipei 101 is always during at the night time.

If you are wondering how to come to Taipei 101, you just need to take a MRT and alight at Taipei Cityhall station. When you alight, just watch out for the sign which leads you to Taipei 101! It is very easy to find your way out. If you still can’t find your way there, I will advise you to ask around, Taiwanese’s are really very friendly people. 


Myself and Pei Xuan
Both of us out to have lunch and shopping together! 


Entrance of Taipei 101! There are about 4 exist around the mall, so if you are following tour guide and he or she ask you to meet at a certain exist, I would recommend you to take a photo instead of just thinking that you will know how to come back. Even for me coming here for about 2 times, I will still go to the wrong exist! 


B1F, No 45, Shifu Rd, Xinyi Dist, Taipei City 110, Taipei Taiwan


The entrance of Din Tai Fung


From the picture you can see there are a lot of people waiting for their turn to head in to have their lunch! Both I and my friend are looking forward to enjoy our Xiao Long Bao.


Seated down and they immediately pour hot tea for us!

I believe during super cold weather drink the hot tea will be super awesome but for us after drinking a while, our body feel super-hot and we ordered cold water instead. 


Here is our order list and the price for both of us! NT 957 which mean Singapore about $41.46. Each of us is about 20 Singapore dollars. It is really consider cheap compared to Singapore. 

Original Xiao Long Bao


Happy girl with her favourite Original Xiao Long Bao , she order 10 for herself and I order 5 piece for myself !


I am also a happy girl. Before I came to Taiwan I went to eat Din Tai Fung in Singapore and now I come here I also must try! As they say is totally different taste.


Dumpling Noodle


Shrimp Xiao Long Bao

Overall, I would say that there is not much different between Singapore and Taiwan Din Tai Fung. I think maybe different people have different taste bug or maybe mine is weird. LOL ! The price is really worth it, if you guys in Taiwan you should come and try even though Taiwanese’s told me that Din Tai Fung is not the best! I am still searching for other Xiao Long Bao restaurant to try! Any recommendation just comment at this post !



Baskin Robbins is an ice cream brand I believe everyone heard it before as Singapore they have a store at Nex if I am not wrong and usually I do not eat in Singapore as is expensive. For me I will eat it in Malaysia or in Taiwan, way cheaper! LOL ! Please don’t call me cheapskate please!


Saw this promotion is buy one get one free and is only NT 100 which means Singapore dollar $4! Where to get this ice cream for 4 dollar you tell me?! I searching for the childhood rainbow ice cream but I was quite disappointed I did not manage to find it so I went to try other flavor.


Did not really like the flavor, but I manage to finish it. I do not want to waste food also.
Both of our happy photos eating ice cream after enjoying our heavy Xiao Long Bao meal!  


Picture of the Taipei 101 mall


Went in to Prada shop to search for the wallet I always want. The price is about the same as Singapore. I thought if it is cheaper here, I will buy L . The sales person told me that Prada is not going to have that design anymore as it is quite old already L. At the end, I give it a miss.


If you are wondering which Prada wallet I am taking about? Let me show you! 

If you know anywhere still selling this wallet at a cheaper price compared to the retail, do email me at tingting_6765@hotmail.com ! I am still interested to get it even though it is kind of old design already!



 After shopping at Taipei 101 , we decided to head down to Shilin Night Market to search for Knife shop as my friend is looking for some stuff. Don’t worry is not for killing people is for sharpening her knife for outdoor uses.

Both of us wanted to relax today therefore we went to visit an Massage place to have shoulder and feet massage for about 45 minutes and we pay 600NT which mean $25. We did not choose this massage shop just because is the first store we spotted, we did compare.   


You do not need to just rush in to check out what they have, you can just view it from outside.


Like a boss!


Steaming our feet before the feet massage


Like a boss!

Comfortable chair to rest on while they massage the feet


The best part while they are massaging, you can distract yourself from the pain by watching some show from their portable TV! For those people who are coming to have a short trip, you can serve net there as they have wireless.


Enjoying like a BOSS!

Overall, I would rate my experience an 7/10! Their customer service was good but the thing why I give 7/10 is about the pressure when massaging. My shoulder is more sensitive therefore I understand why the pressure is not so hard but for the leg, there is some part which is more sensitive but I still can take the pain. The service provider just scare I can’t take it so she just give a normal strength and at the end I don’t really feel relax on my shoulder and leg not much different also. Quite disappointing but nevertheless, next time if I were to come back again, I will just tell them to give those pressure higher than normal so at the end I can feel more relax! 


After massage, I decided to go for a Haircut! Saw this salon which is only 289NT which mean Singapore dollar $12.59 Student price! I wanted to have a haircut because my hairstyle a bit boring and also very heavy!


They got a TV for us to watch movie while my hair is been pampered.


When the hairstylist was cutting my hair, she told me that my hair is very dry and also very hard to comb due to many cross cross (you get what I mean?). So she recommended me to have a hair treatment! I did not want to have treatment but after thinking for a while I just decided to go for it. Just pampered more for my hair ba if not my hair will always be like grass! The treatment costs me NT 400 which mean $17.33.

This is my final look after the hair cut + the treatment! Did not turn out what I wanted but nevertheless, is good to feel that my hair is much lighter now. 

Overall, I would say is a risk to cut hair at a salon you do not know whether is good a not. Best is to ask around for a good salon or you just risk it! I would give my experience an 6/10! I think the next hair cut I will cut when I am back to Singapore and maybe color my hair here in Taiwan before heading back for Chinese New Year! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments