This is what I do when I just want to relax in Taiwan Taipei

By Unknown - November 10, 2013

I have two days off and at first I planned to just head down to Taipei only the first day and during my second day I will just stay inside my room to rest but nevertheless, at the end I think I should head out to Taipei since it is rare I will be coming despite this is my third time coming to Taiwan. So I just plan something simple to relax and chill during my off day before heading back to work the next day! 

I head down to Xin Men Ding to watch a movie first before heading off to have a great shopping and also enjoy a meal. I wanted to watch the starving games which the movie is original from The Hunger Game! Quite disappointed that the movie is not launched yet, therefore I got to choose another movie to watch! 

The movie I watch was Thor 2! There is a lot of timing for me to choose but for me I decided just to watch afternoon about 1 pm and from the timing she show me I chosen 1.30pm! Student price: 230NT which mean Singapore dollar about $10! It is expensive compared to Singapore as Student price is about $7. If you are student and would like to purchase an popcorn and a drink they will ask you whether want to top up 30NT to get it , which mean Singapore dollar $1.29 ! Super cheap but I did not get because I want to get some food later on. If you say no, they will give you and coupon to get a meal but you got to pay 50NT instead. 

Here is my movie ticket! This is my first time coming to Taiwan to watch a movie; hopefully I am able to find my way in to the right place! 

When I reach the level, I was kind of blur but nevertheless there are staff guiding me where to go. Before I enter inside the cinema, there is no one outside collecting ticket, nevertheless I just went in. Guess what? I am shocked because the Movie theatre room is very small and there is only less than 10 rows. Immediately, I U turn back and double check whether am I in the correct theatre. Haha, after checking, yes I am in the correct room so I just went in to chill and wait for the movie to start. Overall, Thor2 movie is awesome and I would rate it 9/10. For the cinema itself, I would not recommend you to come this cinema, just walk a bit more and you will see a street of cinema and they are the better ones. That is what my friend told me L I should have explored more before buying ticket! Next time I will take note.


After Movie, I head down to eat Ah Zong Mian Xian, I order a small one which is NT 45 if I am not wrong, and Singapore dollar is $1.94. Where you can get in Singapore, Mian Xian so cheap! I remember when I come to Taiwan the previous time I always come here and eat. I walk past this shop for quite a few times, and finally I decided to sit down and eat! I would say is normal taste , nothing really special. I would rate 7/10! 


Last time when I came here, my Taiwan intern told me that Xin Men Ding got this drink very nice. So I went to Line her to ask her about the name of the drink and this is the store!


You need to walk up the staircase before you can see the store. I thought it is just a store which sell drinks, but didn't know it is actually an cafe that you can chill! I also saw that they have a stage for performances. If I know earlier about the cafe, I would just want to seat down and chilled instead of keep walking and walking. 


Their Menu ~ you can order drinks, dessert and even set meals




I got a cold one and the price is NT 88, which mean Singapore dollar is $3.81. I would rate the drink 9/10! I will recommend you to try when you come to Xin Men Ding!


And other than drinks , my Taiwan intern friend also introduce me that there is one store which sell really nice fried chicken ! She sends me the photo of the store and guesses what? I took about 10 minutes to find the place and I keep asking people around and finally I found the place! I must find because fried chicken is going to be my dinner for today!



Despite not a lot of people Q-ing up, the aunt needs to take quite some time to cook the chicken! The price of the fried chicken is NT 50 which means Singapore dollar $2.16. I would rate 9/10, I love the taste and it is not so powdering.



After dinner, I continue to shop a while before I head back to my base! While walking back, I manage to spot this store by the road side selling all this wire “toys”. Spotted this transformer and I just take a photo of it because my CGL love transformer! Other than all these toys , they actually can do other type like name or any design.


Despite telling myself that I will not buy a lot of thing today, at the end still tempted to buy stuff as it is really cheap! HINT* Some of the stuff in the picture is for giveaway during January when I am coming back to Singapore ~

Do stay tune on my blog and follow me on Twitter @tiffanywong, Instagram @tiiffanywong and Fb fanpage @tiffanywong J


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments