World Food Fair 2013 at Expo from 05 Sept to 08 Sept PART 1

By Unknown - September 06, 2013

Thanks to Hui Yan for inviting me to come down with her to World Food Fair 2013 at expo. From the event name itself, you should know that is a fair whereby they will be selling all kinds of awesome tasty food. The World Food Fair is held at Singapore expo hall 4 and they will be there from 05 Sept – 08 Sept from 11am – 10pm! For more information about their world food fair, you can check out at their website at:  Worldfoorfair.com.sg !




 Came down about 12 pm and I thought there will be not much crowd because today is Thursday and everyone will be busy working and study. But guess what? I am totally wrong?! Because there are a lot of people especially elderly people and those working adult actually came down here to just have their lunch, I know because one of my working friends is here to have lunch and also at the same time I did observe around, ok!



Hui Yan and I was really hungry at that time and we just went to buy Lasks and Thailand Shark fin to feed our stomach first to stop the stomach for making so much noise ! You know la, when stomach hungry; they will sing song like “GuGu! GuGu!”! The PR actually know both of us have not eaten therefore they actually went ahead to buy more food for us to eat! 







1st grade otah , I bet everyone should know this brand because they are quite well known in the market. The one I have tried is actually spicy mackerel banana leaf otah and those who know me or follow my blog should know that I don’t take too spicy stuff but to my surprise this Spicy mackerel banana leaf otah I am able to take it and in total I add about two. They are selling 1 for $1.20 and 5 for $5.00, damn worth it. You all should go down and try!




Mini hong kong steam bun, the first impression of the bun to me is super cute because is very small. They are selling 6 mini buns in a box for $6.00. The taste is alright for me just that if they add soup inside I think it would be better for the ingredient just right if there is soup if not then more ingredient will be better.





Happy Boy Soya Bean, I remember that time when I see them is actually at their stall which is located at Old Airport Road. To be honest, I have not tried their Soya Bean Milk and their Bean curd before; therefore I am looking forward to try out their taste, how different from others because I am a love of Soya Bean! Whenever there is a nice bean curd out in the market, I will always buy back for my daddy as he love it too! I manage to try their Soya Bean drink, their crackers and all their Bean curd. Their Soya Bean drink really super nice is not as sweet as those selling in the market and the smell of the Soya Bean is not as strong as I know there are people who do not like the smell, maybe you can come and try as they are selling $1.50 per cup! 


Seaweed cracker selling at $1( The left one ) 
Lobster cracker selling at $1 each (The right one) 
If you were to ask me which one I like, I would say is seaweed! I like the hot feeling and after chewing, you would like to have more and at the end one cup is never enough. For lobster taste alright too but is not as awesome then Seaweed.

Here are the picture of the Bean curd i am going to try : 


Durian

Sorry i forget to take photo of the Durian beancurd ;x 
The taste is totally different from what I have expected; I thought it will be richer in term of the bean curd itself. Maybe the boss can invent something like having the real durian meal inside? Hmm, it sounds weird but I bet all durian lover will like right? 

Original flavor 

Very smooth , refreshing, the taste of it is not so strong especially the bean curd smell , is not very sweet , suitable for elderly and everyone as now a lot of people is very particular on health ! 


 Green Tea

The taste is very bitter and it would be suitable for people who like bitter green tea. The taste of the green tea bean curd is like eating the actual green tea powder. Those people, who can’t take something bitter, let me share with you something. Hui Yan actually tells me to pour in the soya bean drink into the green tea bean curd so that it will not taste so much of powder and dryness but it will be smoother. 



Mango

First spoon of the Mango bean curd really give me a WOW! It is really super nice, the taste of it is exact same like eating the real fruits and the sweetness of it is just right and the colour is very bright same like the mango fruits itself. 

Honey drew

Very strong smell,  the taste is exact same like how you eat the actual honey drew 

The original bean curd cost $1.50 and Premium bean curd cost $2.50 (the rest which I have mention) my favorite two is actually the Mango and the green tea!





Yin Sun Snacks & Food catering service 


From the picture itself, you can see there is egg tart, curry puff and all of them are actually below $2 and most of them are 70 cents. To me I think is super reasonable price as I seen places selling 2+ for an egg tart! I did not manage to try out but if you going to expo to try, tell me your experience and how is the tasting alright? Just comment below or drop me an email! 






Large Fried Chicken 

I have eaten this brand of chicken before I have been in Taiwan for twice and also I have ate this brand in Singapore at Nex and now they are here at Expo ! To know them more you can check out their website at www.hotstar.com.sg and my say on large fried chicken is that their chicken is super big piece, it taste very nice and it is not oily at all.


Do stay tune to my blog for the PART 2 tomorrow ! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments