PHYSICAL ABUSE GYM AT CLARKE QUAY

By Unknown - February 18, 2014

I am back again to Physical ABuse at Cq ! This is my second time coming here. The first time coming here is for classes from Community Games and this is my second time coming Physical ABuse. Once again I want to thank FTW [fit to win] for this great opportunity for me to try out different classes at different gym.
Photo credit to Physical Abuse



Do check out their gym @ 2 Havelock Road, 059763! Take a train down to Clarke quay MRT station, tap out walk to your right side, walk up the escalator and exist the MRT. Step out turn right and you got to cross over to another side which is forever living building. After crossing the road, reach forever living you got to walk straight to this write building and walk in and you will see Physical ABuse


First of all I would like to say that I did not take the front entrance picture because every time there will be people sitting down there and I am too shy to take picture of it. Despite going there for so many times, I still did not take pictures. I just took those picture which I can take without anyone looking at. 


For that first timer like me, they will pass you a big towel, small towel and also a locker keys. Other than all this things, they will weigh you too. There will be an instructor weighing you and telling you about your weigh like fats content and so on. I think is always so scary to hear the truth especially the weight part! I gain 8kg from Taiwan trip, and is very depressed when i hear people telling me that I have gain weight and I look very round. I mean is ok to say is few times but after hearing so many times I tend to feel unhappy. In order not to have this feeling , I shall workout more to get back to shape : )
Here are the pictures of their toilet facilities. I think in a gym, other than their equipment I think their toilet is very important. If is very dirty, smelly and unorganized I think no one will want to come. Trust me their toilet is really big and nice, is somehow the same size as their gym area. They have huge mirror for ladies to check their attire before leaving the toilet, have lockers for us to keep our stuffs and most important thing is a mirror for the ladies to dry their hair and put their make up as there are some office ladies who come and work out during their break time. Totally in love with what they have! 


This is their bathing & toilet area! In the bathing room, they do provide shampoo and soap. You don’t need to bring yours, but for me I bring my own because I don’t really like to use other brands that I have not try before. If you are alright with anything then you can just bring your own clothing will do. The interior design of the bathing room is just black colour which I really like a lot, don’t ask me why because I also don’t know why I like. Their toilet and bathing room is always so clean, sometime you just want to stay inside and never want to leave! 


Took a quick photo of myself before class at Physical ABuse
I am still working on it to get a tonne body : ) 

Sorry didn’t take much picture because during the lesson, I want to be 100% paying attention and doing the right thing. Therefore I will write down in words sharing the experience I have in Physical ABuse

This is the picture of the class. I didn't manage to take a lot of picture in order not to interrupt the class. 


I have attended Shape up, Pilates, Bokwa, Stretch Training Chest and PNF Stretching
 @ Physical ABuse.

 Let’s talk about SHAPE UP class. This is my first time attending SHAPE UP CLASS as previous I only attended kick boxing class about 5 years ago. But what I read about SHAPE UP class is that they use Barbell. To be honest I am looking forward to the class as I want to burn fats and start shape up to have a nicer body!

The class quite dead in terms of people. I think is caused by unfamiliar faces but nevertheless the teacher or coach is still very hyper to encourage people voice out. He will show us what moves to do before he goes around checking and I think is good because there is high possibility that people will do wrongly and injure themselves.  Other than these, something I would like to praise the instructor is actually Risk management. He tells everyone the risk and when he spots someone with improper attire, he told her there is a risk that she might get injured. After knowing she still want to carry on, I would not say she can't continue but at least she know the risk and during the workout she will be extra careful. 

The work out was really good, it burns my fats and all my core muscle is screaming for help & I really sweat a lot which is awesome! After the class I told myself I am going to join their classes again! 


My second class that I went is Pilates.  
From the website I read that Pilates is more of training your core muscle, lengthening your spine and lifting your butt. I could say that this is not easy as what I think man, you got to really know your body parts well, like example squeeze in your core muscle when you do a certain position and if you are first timer like me it takes time to feel where is it. But don’t worry; you will feel it as the instructor will teach you how. Throughout the whole lesson, my focus is always on the instructor because I want to do the particular moves in a right position and making my muscle scream! This is another lesson that I enjoy and if you want a stronger core muscle and tonner body you might want to join Pilates. 


Bokwa is my third class I went in Physical ABuse. I find the write up for this class is very interesting therefore I went to sign up to actually try out. Exercising by drawing letters and numbers with their feet while performing and is also a cardio workout routine. I was like WOW, I have never seen it before. Was really looking forward to the class and during the class, using feet or cardio steps to draw letters is really fun and you tend to sweat a lot. During the process, you don’t feel like is an exercise but is something you enjoy and at the same time you are burning your fats and toning your muscle. This is the best class I ever attended and hopefully I can be back real soon because Bokwa is always fully booked! 


After so many classes, I wanted to try something new and I went to sign up for Stretch Training Chest. I did not know is actually group training until the personal trainer told me that. But on the schedule itself, I am the only one signing up and he is curious why I want to train my chest as it is unusual for ladies wanting to train chest and I was like I want to try out and something in gym I do train chest and if I have an opportunity to know more workout of training chest, why not? I could say I love it what he ask me to do, is like he will check your position and correct you and also explaining to you why you should do this and not that. He also talks to me about the balance from back muscle and front muscle! And at the same time he also mention that I got to train lower body too and not just focus on upper body; x I am not typing the exact words he say, is what I can remember ! 


After so many classes, I wanted to try something new and I went to sign up for Stretch Training Chest. I did not know is actually group training until the personal trainer told me that. But on the schedule itself, I am the only one signing up and he is curious why I want to train my chest as it is unusual for ladies wanting to train chest and I was like I want to try out and something in gym I do train chest and if I have an opportunity to know more workout of training chest, why not? I could say I love it what he ask me to do, is like he will check your position and correct you and also explaining to you why you should do this and not that. He also talks to me about the balance from back muscle and front muscle! And at the same time he also mention that I got to train lower body too and not just focus on upper body; x I am not typing the exact words he say, is what I can remember ! after that, he actually introduce me to sign up for 3 personal training with him and he will guide me through what machine I should use for amount and to be honest, I am not a person who like this idea because I usually learn from my friends who is personal trainer and I do not have much time when I start to work soon! 


Another class I attended is PNF stretching is actually a partner stretch. I can say it was good and fun. Stretching your leg, massage your back with a thing I don’t know what does it call, or maybe name it as a roller. I roll it on my back and trust me is aching and feeling shiok at the same time! It was a short session but it feels good after that. 

Overall, my experience with Physcial ABuse is really good! I love the workout instructor there; they are really friendly and nice! The ambience is also comfortable and they do provide lot of different interesting classes that you can’t get outside. If you are interested you can check their website out @ http://www.physicalabuse.com.sg/


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments