Is internship necessary

By Unknown - June 23, 2015

Do you think internship is necessary?
My answer to you is a straight YES.

At first when I applied to Institute of education, I apply for fitness but I did not manage to get it and I went to appeal to go into Service Skill Retail at Clementi ITE. This appeal requires me to go for an interview and I remember I wore my NPCC PT Kit to interview instead of wearing formal wear as I got something on after that. I am glad that my interview went well and I managed to get into the course. I always love to go interview because it is so called a chance for me to do my best to get into something I want rather than no chance given. If after the interview I did not get in, at least I have no regrets because I have already done my best! The Nitec in service skill retail is a 2 year course. We did manage to do a lot of role play to see what we could face in the future when we are really out in that field. I really enjoy the whole process of the course and I managed to transfer my working experience into writing. While I am studying in this course, I am actually working at Suntec City one of the pushcart, I think I did mention about the previous post. Before I can graduate from Nitec in service skill retail, I need to go for internship Singapore for 4 months. Out of so many companies, I actually chosen Popular. There is no particular reason why I chosen them. And again, we need to go through interview and thankfully I got the job. I was attached to popular bookstore at Sun Plaza at Sewbawang outlet, now is no longer than anymore.

It was a drama and fun working environment there. Let me share with you one incident. My classmate and I going for break at different time. In order to eat together, she actually go eat with me during my assigned timing when we were back. Both of us got scolded by the supervisor. From then on, we don’t try stupid things like this. Singapore internship is actually a good idea for everyone to go through it and after graducation they will be more aware what people will expect in the workplace. Whatever I study, I will put into good practice. So far I enjoy working even though is long working hours. The colleagues there are very nice and they really take good care of me. I believe in my heart that no matter where you are having internship or working full time, colleagues are very important. If the job is good and colleagues is not nice , either ways you will not enjoy working there and there is high chance you will quit your job.

So for student out there, I would recommend everyone to go for internship even though it’s not compulsory for some of the courses. Internships in Singapore would able to give hands on experience and people tend to be more patient to teach and guide you. When you are out to the marketplace , it’s totally depends on whether the rest of your colleagues willing to guide you a not.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments