M edia Invites Cathay Motion Picture Awards 2015

By Unknown - July 12, 2015

Thanks BrandStory and The Cathay for the invite ! 

Finally I get to see it myself what is Cathay Motion Picture Awards all about. 
In the past , I get to see it advertising on social media and if I am not wrong last time The Cathay have this space for people to go in to take a look at all the video submission and there is even seats carter.



Happily dress up for this occasion. 






Guests and Participates are gathering together for a chit chat session and not forgetting with all 
the yummy food available for us ! 


All time favorite dessert 

Despite being early, we still manage to enter the hall and guess what ? 
We were the only guests inside the hall while the rest were the sounds personnel. 
We sat down and listen to them doing all the testing.



This is what I do while waiting for everything to start! 



Let me give you a summary of what this Cathay Motion Picture Awards is all about ! 

Its a short film competition which Cathay have started in 2012 to celebrate Cathay Organisation's 77th anniversary. Since then , seeing overwhelmed support , this has been an annual signature event with its 4th iteration this year. This year the theme given to the team were " Memories". It's paying homage to Cathay Organisation's 80th anniversary this year. Participate will need to come up with an 80 second film within 80 hours when the competition started on 2 May 2015 12pm and ended on 5 May 2015 8pm. 

Celebrating Cathay Organisation Grand 80th anniversary , the stakes are higher than before with the highest number of participants and greater cash prizes to be won. Today they will be showing all the film on the big screen and later on result will be out for Best motion picture, First runner up, Second runner up and a viewer's choice award.



MC of the day ! 


All the participants is all ready to watch their own film and also at the same time anxious waiting for the result to be out. Who do you think will walk away with the big prize ? 



Viewers' Choice : Artist by Smells like Team Spirit 
- Andre He , Ho Wenlong and Luna Pham 




2nd Runner up : Fragments by Triple J 
- Jaze Phua , Jerry Lim and Justin Kan 

1st Runner up : (Seletar) by Studio3B 
- Melinda Tan and Yeo Zhi Qi 


The Winner for Cathay Motion Picture Award 2015 goes to : 
Retch by Incline Visuals 

My phone die on me and I did not manage to snap their group picture :( 

Overall, I really enjoy myself ! I can't believe they manage to come out with such a good film within 80 hours. Most of the touching film , I did tear because you can totally feel it just by watching the film. I personally feel that to produce a good film , you need to catch the attention of the viewer if not your film is really cannot make it ! One of my favorite video is (Reminisce) by Banana Split. It's so touching and I love how the flow the film is like ! Thanks Cathay for the copy and now I can get to watch my favorite film again at my own comfort.  









  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments