Swissôtel Vertical Marathon 2014

By Unknown - November 28, 2014

This is my first time joining Vertical Marathon

It has never cross my mind of joining until one of my Ex Dragon-boat Senior Haini actually ask me if i am interested to join her for this Marathon ? I did chit chat with her for a while to get more information before giving her the green light that i will be joining her ! 

If you are wondering , why i will join is because i have NEVER join an Vertical Marathon in my life before , since i got a chance now , why not just go for it ? 


Photo Credit to www.swissotelverticalmarathon.com


Last night , i did not manage to sleep early because i have wedding dinner to attend which is important because is family side . I told myself to stay away from beer because the next day , i will need to wake up early for Vertical Marathon , but at the end , i can't resist and went ahead to drink ! [ By the way , I am not encouraging you to drink the day before race ]. I drank about 3 cups and i stop , went back home and i have a good sleep ! Love that feeling of good sleep after drinking . Having good sleep after drinking does not mean that you will drink till drunk ! 
know your limit when drinking and if you are underage , don't drink . 

Before i enter into my LALAND , i went to tape my Knee so that  morning i will not need to wake up 45 minutes early tape it . If you are wondering , whether is Ok to tape the night before ? 
The answer is YES , YOU CAN ! Don't worry , is not i say one. Professional say one ! I attend the acti - tape workshop and manage to learn a lot of things :) 


This is how it looks like after tape , hope it does not look ugly HAHA ! 
For those who want to learn how to tape , but don't know how ? Don't worry , click onto the 
Youtube video below to learn how :) 


Thanks to Acti - Tape for sharing the video  : D 


The flag off time for Women 20 - 29 is 0945 and we got to report at 0905 . The timing is not too early and not too late . At least , got time in the morning to slack a bit before heading down to City Hall ! When we reach city hall , was kind of blur . There is no sign of where the participate should go until we ask the volunteer. When we reach there is so many people and the earlier batch of different group have slowly dispatch.  
After watching for a while , we head off to bag deposit area and pay that $ 2 . Before we report for our catergory , we head off to hotel toilet first : ) 

: ) 


While waiting for the women 20-29 catergory , i shall take some photo of myself with the nice background ! 
I am feeling excited and scare at the same time . As this is my first time and i don't know what i should expect . I just tell myself i got to finish it and enjoy the moment : D 



With my Ex Dragon-boat Senior - Haini 
Thanks for jio-ing me , if not maybe 100 years down the road then i will go join the Vertical Marathon ! 


Patiently waiting for our turn . 


While waiting , i saw someone familiar . Is my blogger friend . He came over to my side and help us take picture : ) 

Nice shot at the starting area . 
Mixed feeling and i am all already to plug in my ear piece ! All my kpop songs ! 

Say HELLO to my blogger friend : ) 
Thanks for the photo ! 


OH YEAH ! 
Finally i reach the TOP ! 
Level 73 ! WOOHOO ! 

Come , let me share my personal experience on climbing all the way UP to 73 ! 

when i first started to run up the stairs , everything seems fine until level 30 , i start to feel the kick on my breathe . My knee is still alright , never give me any problem . Even though i feel the kick ,i still keep myself going up slow and steady ! Sweat is dripping like waterfall and heart pumping like mad because is enclosed area. I climb till there is moment i feel like fainting , thank God my mind and body is strong enough to hold it there and go all the way to the finishing line.  I took a few break in between different levels and when i look up seeing is level 70 , i told myself 3 more to go and i just keep going and going . Haini was there waiting for me and we cross the finishing line together :) 

I thought there will be drinking point in the midst of running but there is none. So , i would advice those who are interested to join next year can consider bring your own water bottle ! 

I would rate my experience a 9 / 10 !! 😆😆😆😆


Time for some photos . 
When we reach the top , the first thing i say was YAY ! 
Second thing was : Wow , So hot ! And all i want is to sit down and rest like a boss . Didnt know we only have 5 minutes to spend up here taking picture and we need to leave the place after that because they are releasing the next batch soon . 

Marina Bay Sand aka MBS 

Everytime i see MBS , i will always think of Gabriel . 
If you don't know who he is , he is actually my DB team mate : )



After all the photo taking , we slowly walk down 1 level then we take lift down . Before we walkto collect our bags, we went to take some picture in-front of the hotel ! 


I totally enjoy myself and next year i will be back to do even better ! 


If you are interested to know my result :) I will aim for better the next year ! 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments