Singapore National Games 2014

By Unknown - November 05, 2014

Singapore National Games 2014 @ Singapore Sports Hub .
This is my second last DB race before the major race on 8 and 9 November 2014 which is Singapore River Regatta race held at Singapore River ! If you are free during that weekend , do feel free to come down and watch how Singapore Dragon-boat race is like !



8 am must report at Singapore Sports Hub , which mean i got to wake up by 6 am and making sure leaving house by 6.30am if not i will be late . I told my Ladies team to reach before 8 am ,if i am late myself , i am not being an role model ! I went to meet my team mates and head down together ! I am a happy girl in the morning because i have my favorite bread with me ! Can you guess what is my favorite bread ?

Photo Credit to Yahoo 

Maybe if anyone of you reading my blog right now , want to come down during SRR .
you might want to buy this bread for me ! I will eat this instead of anything else before heading down to race :)


This is my first time having race at Kallang river , launching from Sports Hub !
Something really cool ,that's SDBA might want to consider held here more often .
Got Singapore sports hub , we got to use it : ) 
Such a nice place for photo taking too and tourist who visit Singapore sports hub can drop by to watch the races too !



Today i will be rowing for open category since there is no ladies category ! I would say that i am having mixed feeling , nervous and excited at the same time , even though i have been racing for many years i will still feel butterfly flying inside my stomach . The ladies suppose to row in heat 2 but suddenly got heavy downpour therefore everything being push back and they will start with heat 8 onward first . While waiting for the rain to stop ,everyone is hanging around the tent , chit chatting & taking picture .

Can you see from the picture , how big is the rain ? 

Kiyah-Splashh ! Paddles and Life Jacket . 

Most of our items are bought from Seatec as Seatec owner is our coach Hao Yuan ! 
Love using Seatec stuff , if you are interested in getting any Life Jacket , Paddle , Seat pad , 
you can contact him @ 8288 6869 . Not sure whether got discount a not ? 
But you can try by saying that you got the information from my blog ? 


Impromptu photo taking while waiting for the rain to stop.
Since i have my camera with me , if i did not take any picture , it will put it to waste : x


The Men in Kiyah-Splashh Team


Scroll down for our Group team photo :




We have more people in our team , if you are interested in joining DB , feel free to comment below at this blog post and i will get in contact with you :) 


After the rain , The MC announced that there will be no second round of rowing unless we go straight to semi - final and it is  time for me and my team mate Mabel to come out with the final seating arrangement . Both of us take a lot of things into consideration , especially the weight distribution . And the outcome does not please certain people and it lead to some unhappiness . This is something we got to come out with when things does not happen accordingly to plan . Nothing against person , but is more of thinking for the team and plan accordingly what is the best for the team .


( Personal Optional ) 
How to determine who should be in the main team ?

1. Attendance - Did you up for training ? Pool / Land / Water Training ?
If you are sick , need to study or work , family thing or something just pop out unplanned then it's OK . I feel that it is our individual responsibility to inform the captain the reason why we can't make it for training instead of let it be.

2. Individual weight - The boat need to be balance. Left and Right side .
In our case , Ladies boat is more heavy on the left . I am not targeting at anyone , when i mention about weight . For me myself i am also not very light , i am 67.5kg. I got to think about the left and right rower , disturbing accordingly to weight .

3. Attitude- In a team sports , what is the right attitude ?
To not only think about yourself but think for everyone in the boat . So what , if individual is strong , it can't change much in a boat ! We need everyone to be strong together and we will reach there together .

No personal attack . Just my personal optional , if not later got drama again , longer than Taiwan "AI" Drama LOL .


Myself and Mabel

Did you find anything weird in this picture ? Something or someone is missing ?
HAHA , you guess correctly , Alison is missing in the picture . How to not take picture without her ? Due to her commitment in her work , she is unable to come join us. So in order to see more of three of our picture , stay tune to my SRR blogspot ! Trust me , it is going to be better and nicer ! :)



Finally , after a long wait , our heats being called !
All of us are ready to go down for row like there is no tomorrow .
Or use my favorite quote : " Row like a man " !



Took some photo's before entering inside the boat :)

To be honest , before going down the boat i am actually nervous . I wondering how the Ladies team going to perform ? I know our competitor is either all men's or mixed team .
Once's everyone enter inside the boat , everyone is very focused. I heard no one is chit chatting expected when needed , when repeating what the cox was saying because in the front sometimes can't hear ! This time round for Ladies team , i am the pacer ! Really nervous but i am all ready to row like a men and no regrets when i reach the ending point !

" ARE YOU READY " !
UP !
PULL THE HARDEST WATER - 6 and i really can feel that the boat is being lifted up and
every single stroke , i can feel that everyone pull it together . Last charge , we can do a bit better than that , need to have the aggressiveness and wanting to win ! It was a good set , even thou we did not manage to go into semi finals.  Our timing was 1.08 ! Good one :)
I hope the spirit will continue to be up and SRR let's do a good set ! See how far can we fight till . Remember this : It is not you and me who make the differences but the whole team !

Jiayou Ladies Team , I can't wait for SRR to come !
Counting down  to 3 more days ! :)


 This is the timing of the LADIES TEAM with our competitor who is
 either full men team or mixed team .

I am glad that the first 6 we can much side by side with other teams and when we reaching the ending , our boat were eating up the front boat by 2 seats . Even though the ladies team did not win , but i am glad that the differences between boats is not by boat length but is only by seats which is really amazing !

Good Job Ladies .


 We even win some of the other teams based on timing  :)


Our Kiyah-Splashh Senior Team won the champion !
Sorry , i did not want to post the picture , i scared later kana virus !
Ops , don't come and ask me why .

Dragon-boat is a sports that welcome all age ! You are never too old or too young to join !
If you are interested in joining us , once again , feel free to comment below at this post !
:)



Thanks Mr Lam for this picture :)


Hope you enjoy reading my post and more to come for SRR WEEKEND :)
SEE YOU THERE ! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments