Stepping into working life

By Unknown - July 01, 2014

After a few months of enjoyment of freelancing , part time here and there . Is time for me to actually settle down with a full time job ! If I don't apply now then when am I going to start work ? 
Plus the risk of being an freelancer is that during the down times , when i do not have much job on hand I will have no income. During the busy times , money will keep rolling in as freelance pay quite high ! 

Here are the jobs that i apply for full time :
- Prison
- Police 
- National Park Board 
- Sports Singapore 
- CNB 

These are the 5 jobs company I actually apply for full time job ! A lot of people ask me why I don't want to go to Outward Bound Singapore to work as a full time camp instructor and I told them I wanted to have a different experience , even though at the first place I did mention that I want to join them for full time . Don't worry ! I am not going to waste my diploma , as i am still working part time and freelance in the field I am studying : ) 

Out of these 5 company , I got rejected by Prison officer. Till today I still don't know why I got rejected . Maybe my job experience just does not fit their criteria !


The next job call up was Police ! I apply as an police officer. Was excited and at the same time scared because this was an officially first full time job interview. Was told to bring tons of documents and also wear formal for interview. My friend told me to wear light make up and heels which would be more appropriate . But for me is totally uncomfortable and not in the mood for it , at the end I still go ahead. The heels I borrow from my cousin and didn't know after walking a short distance from home to bus stop , it really kill my feet and luckily I managed to sit inside the bus if not gg.com. ! Lesson of the day get your own comfortable office wear ! 
I alight at cantonment and the officer counter guy told me that is another building and I got to walk another distance , totally kill my feet till I feel like walking bare foot : ( 

When i reach, I went inside a room and there are about 20 people there for interview . We do some test at the first part then we went for lunch break ! 
I went to eat with two guys who sitted beside me and one of them actually share his experience of the police officer as his family most of them are in police . Totally wow by him ! N I believe that you sure can get in not because of the family member but is inside the gense ! After lunch , second part will be face to face interview! I was the first person being called inside the room. There are two officer and they start asking question and I answer them . 
Overall , the interview I feel that I am not good enough to be their police officer or maybe police officer is just not my cup of tea ! After I come out of the interview room , the other people who are waiting for their turn were like saying that my voice can be heard from outside and the whole conversation sounds like police asking question to the criminal . I was laughing away when I heard that . I did told them that if this time round I did not make it I would feel that is a waste , I will just treat it as a learning lesson and for the next full time interview I will know what to expect and what to prepare myself for : ) 

Status : Waiting for the result to be out 


My second full time job was National Park Board as Facilities officer ! I recieveD the email that I was shortlisted and require to come for the interview at N park HQ which is at Botanic Garden ! Worn formal , no heels and early for the interview ! 30 minutes earlier even thou i have difficulties to find the HQ as i have not been there before . Inside in this somehow holding area , waiting for my turn and at the same time I got to fill up a form. I think this job is quite hot , I saw quite a number of people coming for interview in this job ! 

When my name is being called inside the room , there are three people inside ! I did my best in the interview and sharing with them why I want this job and they were asking why I did not want to join OBS since is what I study ! The interviewer were very straight froward about the job scopes which I think is good . Everything up on the table and no hinder thing. I enjoy this interview and really pray hard in my heart that i would get this job ! 

1 week later , I receive a call from National Park Board asking me to come down for job review and this is not a confirmed job yet ! But nevertheless , there is still hope there ! So I went for it yesterday at their HQ , I am 30 minutes earlier again : ) 
The facilities manager actually bring me to the office and showing me which position seat at which area and what we will do , the management board of facilities . He brought me to tiong bahru park too 
Explain to me about the job and many more information ! I am glad I am able to ask question which I have been wondering and I would say this trip is not an learning trip but an experience ! 

PR told me before I leave with the manager , she day that she will call me if I am selected for the job ! 

Status : YES I GOT THE JOB !
They called me today in the afternoon to tell me i am IN ! Woohoo ! First of all I want to thank God and I want to thank my family & friends who believe in me and pray for me ! Xie Xie ni men ! 

So here are my process of my full time job ! 



Let me give you some tips on finding full time job from my own experience :

- apply Jobs that interest you
- read up about the job you are applying
- think of the reason why you want to work in the line

These are the three main important point !
Other than just having these three , most important must be confident !

♡ believe in yourself .



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments