Hai Yan BBQ Seafood at NEWTON FOOD CENTRE

By Unknown - July 07, 2014

I was invited to come down to Newton Food Centre to have food tasting at one of their stall with other bloggers.  It will be my first time coming here, super kaisu till i got to ask my friend how to get there ! 

Newton Food Centre is actually located beside NEWTON MRT station [ Red Line ] , Once you tap out of the MRT turn right and exist the station ! Turn right after exist you will see an bus stop . Stand at the bus stop facing the road , turn right , you will be able to see the bridge. Cross the bridge and you will be able to reach the Food Centre ! 


YourSingapore is a website whereby the tourist can check out places to visit while they are in Singapore ! If you are interested you can check out the website at http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/traveller/en/experience.html .
On the right hand side , they actually show you nice food picture and the stall you should check it out when you are here at Newton Food Centre ! For me i think is not harm trying but i would rather seeing other people review on the food compare to those in commercial. Some people might think that blogs usually write the good things which are been sponsored but the truth is that not all bloggers are like this . In my case, i will only write my honest opinion ! 


Scroll down for more picture of the Newton Food Centre ! 
The reason why i took so many picture is that it would be easy for you to find this place! Once you see the picture same as what you see in-front of you, means you are in the correct place 



This place is huge man ! There is so many seats available ! 
Something i realize while i am taking picture , there are a lot of seafood stall here and the worker actually come and approach customer to try their seafood ! A bit pushing sales. In my opinion of a customer, i will think that their stall the seafood is not nice and no one come to eat at the stall till they got to go to the extended to find customers !


Here i am standing infront of their stall ! 
Can't see much of their store but don't worry i took quite a number of picture of their store : HAI YAN BBQ SEAFOOD

HAI YAN BBQ SEAFOOD 
Newton Food Centre 
#01-11 
Singapore 229495 


This is how HAI YAN BBQ SEAFOOD looks like !

Like HAI YAN BBQ SEAFOOD at this link below :

https://www.facebook.com/HaiYanBBQSeafood
Lot of things to see and read up at their Facebook Page! 
Remember before you leave the page , Click the THUMBS UP !

HAI YAN BBQ SEAFOOD appear on a few food show before ! 
Channel U and Channel 8 ! You know la ! 
If the food is not nice , the media will not DARE to promote on TELEVISION , if not later got lot of complains , so this shows that there must be a certain standard there to attract the media to come down and interview them & feature them ! So i am here to try out , whether are they really that good ? We shall see !

The Seafood that is been displayed ! 

MR & MRS CRABS !

YUMMY PRAWNS !

LOBSTER !

FISHES ! 

Mr Foo Family who posed in-front of the store ! 
Their local Seafood have been operated since 1983, WOW i am not even born yet !
 Now is 2014 , it has been around for 31 year ! Passing down from generation to generation !

HAI YAN BBQ SEAFOOD Their home made sauces ! 

When i took the first mouth i told the bloggers who is sitting on my table that is not spicy , but after a while i take back my word ! Because later after a while , i will be able to taste the spiciness because the bloggers was telling me is spicy ! They commented that my taste bud must be something wrong , the spicy one i never say spicy then the not spicy one , i will say is spicy ! Ops ! maybe something wrong with my taste bud ! 

BABY KAILAN 

$6 / $15.30 / $12 

RATE : 5/5 ! 

I am not a vegetable person but the taste is just very overwhelming ! The sauce is sweet and it does not taste like i am eating the vegetable ! Seeing a few chili on it , i bring a bit more taste to the vegetable to cover the smell of the vegetable ? Maybe ?


SALTED EGG CHICKEN 

$15 / $20 / $25

Rate : 5/5 !

ONE OF MY FAVORITE DISHES !

I thought that salted egg chicken will be super salty by listening to the name of the dish !
But it turn out to be just nice and the chicken is very easy to chew ! After one mouth , i will still take second , third round and at the end , left one piece on the plate and i took it ! This dish is one of the faster to clear off compare to the rest ! 

SAMBA SOTONG 

$12 / $15 / $20 

Rate: 5/5 ! 

ONE OF MY FAVORITE DISHES !

Pre-Warning : I do have a few of my favorite dishes !

I am not a person who can take spicy food , my spicy level is those MAC chili and Thai sweet chili ! Surprisingly , this SAMBA SOTONG chili didn't turn me off , but it turn me on ! After a mouth , i just keep wanting to have a second round ! To me , it is very spicy but i love it ! 




KING PRAWN 

$8 / 100g 

Rate : 8/10 

The Prawn is huge and this is my first time eating prawn like this ! i got to use my fork to pull out the meat , did not want to use my hands because later i still need to use my hands to take pictures ! I don't really remember about the taste , but i roughly remember that is somehow give it an sweet taste and after eating it will not leave the dryness taste on your mouth. The prawn is very fresh too ! 





Ones the food is been served, everyone just take out their mobile phone and their camera just keep snapping pictures! I remember is about after 10 minutes, then we officially start eating ! The angle of the picture is very important , for me personally i will spam about 3 - 4 picture and i will go home and choose the best out of all ! With my new camera , i can do that !

LALA

$12/ $15/ $20 

RATE : 4/5

I am a very shell person who love LALA , CRABS , "SEA HAM " etc ! The reason why i gave 4/5 is because i do not have the much craving for having it again and again ! Other than that , the LALA is consider fresh and it goes well with the sauce ! I was wondering , other than this sauce , can they improve it by using other sauces to become more special ? Maybe like black pepper ?




SAMBA STINGRAY 

$12/ $15/ $20 

Rate: 5/5

ONE OF MY FAVORITE DISHES !

From the picture itself, you are able to spot one side without chili is because in the midst of all the bloggers , they are a few who don't take spicy. I think is good because i get to try the original taste and with the chili ! Let me tell you , both also good ! I love it ! Keep having it more and more ! The meat is very fresh and soft ! So gentle inside my mouth ! 



SUCH A HUGE CRAB ! 
I want to make an WOW expression but then not very nice because everyone will be eating it . so i just smile with an WOW word inside the picture ! 

BLACK PEPPER CRAB 

$5 / 100g

Rate: 5/5

We ask the boss how much this crab costs and he mention $45 .
The black Pepper sauce is just alright for my level of spiciness and i took the Clip part of the crab , which is more easy to eat the meat ! The meat is fresh and soft ! How i wish i can just dabao back home to share it with my daddy as he love crabs too or next time can bring him down to eat !


Suppose to be an WOW picture .
But my friend say that it turn out to be scare picture ! HAHA ! 

Table full of different kind of food which is provided by HAI YAN BBQ SEAFOOD  !

After that all the nice food inside our stomach and these is what left over ! As you can see , nothing is left over except those shells !


Scroll down for pictures of the bloggers attending HAI YAN BBQ SEAFOOD FOOD TASTING !


: D
Thank You HAI YAN BBQ SEAFOOD for having me and May your business get 
more prosper than before ! 




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments