Dragonboat Challenge at Jurong Lake

By Unknown - June 26, 2014

Before i start this post, i would like to take this opportunity to actually thank RP Company & water Venture PA for having me around for the first time Dragonboat challenge organized by Bukit Batok East CSC! Other than just blogging about Dragonboat challenge i will be supporting my team as they are participating ! 

What is Dragonboat Challenge come about ? 
It is organized by Bukit Batok East CSC and seeing the recently PA race which is known as PAddleFest 2014 a success , they grow interest in recreational water sports and therefore with the support from PA Water Venture they will be organizing Dragonboat Challenge together and in the event will be able to see in total of 20 teams represented from different CSCs in Singapore , compete against each other in these categories : ALL STAR race, the Inter-Generation Race and a Novice Race! 


It's been a while since I came to Jurong Lake ! 
So I just alight at Lakeside mrt station and follow the pathway ! In order to see whether I am walking the correct way , I will look far to see if there is any landmark ! My landmark was actually the water ! 

The walking distance is about 5 minutes ! This is what I saw when i reach the place ! 


When I reach I did not just see Only dragonboater around. But I see residents around especially families with kids ! This event is not just about paddling but is for families to come and play games as they have carnivals & performance to watch ! 

Didn't take picture of the carnival because my camera is running low battery and it die on me and for my photo was quite limit due to low battery :( 
Lesson learnt : next time no matter what charge all the battery I have before I leave home for event ! 


I went around to look for my team ! 
It is quite easy to spot them because all the team are all seated at one tent unless you have your own tent I guess . It is much easy for people to spot if your family and friends come down to support you . 

For me I think is nice to have all the participating teams to just stay in one tent . But make sure the tent is big enough to hold everyone and in case raining the people will not get wet ! Through all these , we can get bonded in some ways ? 


Some of the banner stands at the event area ! 
Water venture & people association : ) 


Water venture banner stand showcase their available sports ! Here are some of the available sports : kayaking , sports climbing and many more ! You can check out their website for more information ! 


Here are some of the on going dragonboat race picture I have taken ! 

The race distance is 300m.  Is consider short race ! 

From my experience , for short race it complete very fast . One blink of eye , my boat is already at the finish line ! The things I always tell myself and my team mates is that make sure when i reach the finishing line , I will feel no regrets in me ! : ) 

The thing I should feel is happy and I already did my best ! 


This is how it looks like when all the boat reaches the ending line ! 



This is the tent I am talking about at the earlier of the post ! 


Super convenient for the winning team and supporter to cheer their friends and family when they go up the stage to received their 'cookies' ! 


My team- mates is at waiting line to get ready to head out to loading bay and fight hard ! 

Ops ! Everyone is smiling and check out my coach face ! Forever ready for a fierce fight ! No chance given !  : ) 

All the best guY's ! 


Loading bay for the team to get ready at the starting point .


Heading down the boat like a BOSS ! 


Row like a boss 
Row like a man 
: ) 


After each race , the organizer will actually have people to write down the timing for each team on that particular race ! That is when team will get to know whether you come in first , second , third or last place ! 

The organizer does not judge based on their eye itself , but they have camera and video the whole process and they will double check to make sure the correct team take away the prize ! 

 : D 

Congrats to Kiyah-Splashh ALL STAR RACE for coming in second place ! Yes , you guys are bringing home a cookie each ! I also want cookie le ! 


The MC actually ask everyone to gather inside this tent as they are going to start their prize giving ceremony but before that we got to welcome our Guests Of Honour Madam Halimah Yacob, Speaker of Parliament and Adviser to Jurong GRC . 



Everyone is patiently waiting for their team to go up the stage to get their medal and also to see which team won for the other category ! 


Mixed Team which is All Stars Mixed
 Team category got 2nd in plate Final ! So happy 
For Kiyah-Splashh! 
Everyone smiling happily to camera ! 


This is how the medal looks like ! 


Other than all star team , Novice race aka Newbie boat also walk away with something too ! In final round ,they got 4th place ! I would say Good Job because all of them is first time rowing in a race and this category really is an good opportunity to all new rower for race exposure ! We should more in the future because DB is a sport where is getting more popular ! 


Good Job to buddy ! 

Hopefully next year I am able to row in Dragonboat challenge ! : D 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments