Singapore Dragonboat Festival 2014

By Unknown - July 18, 2014

Finally the day has come after few months of training ! 

Singapore Dragonboat Festival 2014 which is held at Bedok Reservoir on 12 - 13 July 2014 . This race consider of quite a number of category , for my team Kiyah-Splashh ! I will share with you guys what are the race we are going for .  This race distance will be 500m. Super dude long but nevertheless , got to fight hard to bring back an cookie ! That is always what i want everything i go for race. 

Feel Good . Look Good . 

Day 01 ! 
Team Manager actually send us an email to inform us the reporting time at Bedok Reservoir is actually 6.45am ! For those who are staying in the east , it would be alright for them but people who stay in the west like me are going crazy man ! I got to wake up at 4.30am in the morning and head out to train station by 5.30am where is their first train. I got to take the first train as when i reach Bedok Mrt Station i got to take a bus in :( 

Credit to my team mates who reach earlier and took a photo of this and send to the Ladies team what's app group chat .

This photo is also took by another team mates of mine and send into the ladies team what's app group. By seeing the color of the sky, i can tell that she reach super early.  When they send me those pictures , i am still inside the train heading down to Bedok ! 


 Faegoe & Bill is one of Kiyah-Splashh player ! HAHA !
THEY ARE SO ADORABLE RIGHT ?

Photo Credit to Chun Peng 

Today my team will be participating in a few races :

- Inter Business House & Club ( Team 1 & Team 2 ) 
- PA GRO Mixed 
- PA GRO Men 

Day 01 race i will be rowing only for PA GRO Mixed ! So while waiting , this is what me and my team mates will do ! Take picture ! Even though i bought my camera along but i am lazy to take picture :( If someone is there who is not rowing, help me take picture , it will be awesome ! I will have lot of nice picture to put on my blog !

Photo with the ladies :) 

Team preparing to head down for race but before that we will always do warm up first and also go into our sitting arrangement and most important also have our last debrief before heading down to fight a good "war". 

You must be thinking why am i not inside doing those stretching ? Is not because i am lazy hor , it is because i am not inside that category. That is why i am able to stand outside the circle to take pictures . If not i think my team mates will kill me ;x 

Hui Ling , Me , Alison and Mabel 

The 4 ladies who are rowing for the PRO MIXED ! LET'S GIVE OUR 100% !


The first round we went down , We did not do quite well , we came in Last place. The result does not pull us down but is an new strategy time . We fight hard during the repi charge and we got ourselves fighting till final . In final , we row like boss  and fight our way through and we got third . 

Here is the result and the timing and my competitor.  The happy thing is that my mixed team win PLK ! Ops ! They are well known stronger team which very selective of rowers . Very competitor. 


Ms Jeanie Tan 
who is the PA Group Director , Engagement Cluster - Interests 
I did not stay till the end to collect the medal , i need to rush off to church but nevertheless , i will still get my medal in DAY 02 ! 


Day 02 ! 

The rest we take part in will be : 
- Senior 
- National Mixed 22 
- National 22 Men 
- Ladies 
-InterGen 
For me i will be participating in Ladies & National Mixed 22 crew. To be honest , second day is more tiring than first day . I am craving for more sleep ! I keep yawning non stop and how i wish i can have a nice bed on the race site for me to rest and when i am needed to head down then i will start preparing myself. But sadly, no ! Overall, i would say that for ladies team even thou we didnt train much together , our coordination is there and the thing we need to train more is the strength and hopefully during River Regatta we are going into final and get into top 3 ! If you want to get, fight for it . Winning does not just come like that but with Hard-work. 
For the National Mixed team , i am quite disappointed with the result as i have high hope for us to win. No point conserve energy for your next race , if you conserve then must as well just let someone else to row instead . As a rower in a boat , your job is to row hard and win. I always believe that if everyone in the boat give their 100% , we will get there even though we are not as strong as school teams , does not have so many training as the other team but with strong motivation, we can do it ! Hopefully through this lesson , everyone can learn , including me , so that River Regatta we can do even better and bring back home more medals AKA cookies. 


Group Photo with 1/4 of my team mates : D 
My team got GOLD in Inter-Gen category ! Most of us in the picture did not row , we just went up to take picture only ! HAHA !

After getting the medals, we went aside and our team president gave our medal for PA GRO Mixed team ! BRONZE ! 
BRONZE ! 
The Dragon super nice . 3D version one ! Even my dad say is nice ! 

Photo with my team president Raymond 

I am feeling very happy to get my first medal after long break when i
 go Taiwan for internship ! 


Group photo with my two dragon-boat buddy ! 
Both of them always take care of me , encourage me and always be there for me when i need help or any advice ! Thank you for asking me to come back if not the medal will not be mine today & i am glad i am back ! Lets work harder to achieve our goal during River Regatta ! 



I shall end this post with these two group photos ! 

Team Kiyah-Splashh ! RECRUITMENT ! 

WE WANT YOU !  We Will be doing an recruitment soon in 2 - 3 weeks time ! If you want to try out dragon-boat , you are welcome here too ! You do not need to be an superman to join , we welcome all ! 
I will updated again on my blog and if you are interested you can leave a comment below or email me at tingting_6765@hotmail.com !







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments