Where to buy Guo Da Li in Jb

By Tiffanythedeepfriedtofu - July 18, 2018

Hello Everyone ! As you know that I will be getting married in the month of December 2018. I will need to get a lot of things ready early before I miss out anything important. Wedding banquet already confirmed and I will share with all of you the next time.

 Today I will share the places I went to check out those Guo Da Li 过大礼 stuff. There are total 3 store that I would like to share (Singapore and Johor Bahru ). You can just make a comparisons. I am here just to share my personal experience. 

Both my fiance and my family are not very traditional kind. So we just want to get those items that its needed to do a simple one. We just need to get '' stickers, Tea Sets, Red Packets , Red Cloth that hang outside the main door ! The items may seems simple to get but finding the design that we like is the harder part. 


First Store at Johor Bahru Holiday Plaza 

Last year, I came in to Johor Bahru Holiday Plaza with my friend and went to check out the store at level 1. It was not a pleasant experience. He came to ask me what I am looking for and I tell him that  I want to check out the price first as I will be coming in again to purchase when I come in with Car.  The guy i presume is the owner of the shop immediately don't want to entertain us and the sales person wasn't patient with me and totally showing me that she is totally not interested to serve me with her body language. So I quick snap a few picture of the things that caught my eyes before I left. 


The tea set is really pretty and the price is so much cheaper than Singapore. 


They have different red packet design available to choose from


Second Store at Johor Bahru (Big Day Wedding & Celebrations

I was hesitant to go back to the same shop so I continue to search for other shop that I can check out in Singapore and JB. One of the weekend during run, my running friend was asking me about wedding and she was sharing with me that she got her Guo Da Li stuff in JB too. She send me the link and she say its cheaper to buy in JB. I decided to check out at their FB page and PM them to check if they have the design I am looking for. Sadly, the design I want they do not carry it with them and their location is a bit out of the way. At the end we decided not to go there. 

The price range of the tea set is from RM 60 - RM 108 


Third Store at Chinatown 


The third shop is at Chinatown and the shop name is Yuan Xi wedding & gifts. Blk 335 Smith street, Chinatown Complex #01-77. The aunty is very knowledgeable and patient to explain. This shop is introduced by a friend. The tea set that I like its selling at $28 and the small sticker 70 cents and red packet $1.50 each. I think the price is consider cheap compare to other store in Singapore. If you are those who are lazy to travel to JB, you can come to this store to buy instead. 

This tea set is so pretty ! Selling at $28 ! 


At the end we got from this XLM Wedding Services at Holiday Plaza in JB 

XLM Wedding Services located at Holiday Plaza JB Level Two. Understand from the lady boss that this shop only opened for two months. 
This is how the store front look like


This is the name card of the shop and they are open everyday ! 
You might want to check with the lady boss if she is open before making a trip down ! 
You can try to show her my blog and see whether she will give you more discount a not ! 


They have a wide range of tea set available ! 

Bowl and spoon set available too for tang yuan ! 


Lamp light for bed side 


Stickers that you can put at the main door, bedrooms etc
Different kind of red packets for different purposes. Take a closer look.  


Smaller sticker for different purpose
To paste on the bottle of orange juice / red wine or anywhere you like 




My personal favorite ! I did not get this time round as I will be coming in again in few months time to purchase more stickers after we finalize how many we need to get. Really have to plan how many to get so that you do not need to come down again and again if its not enough. 


We spotted this too but did not get it as we do not know where to display it also ! Shall KIV first and after deciding where to put then buy ! 



These are the stuffs we got ! 


1. Tea Set RM49.90 - RM 45 = $15.20
2. 'Sister' & 'Brother' red packet RM 2.90 - RM 2 = $0.67 
3. Sticker RM 1.50 = $0.50
4. Big red packet RM 5.90 - RM 5 = $1.69
5. Normal red packet RM 3.90 - RM 3 =$1.01 
 The price is for each piece :) 

In total , we paid RM 87 = $29.39





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments