KSL Resort

By Tiffanythedeepfriedtofu - June 13, 2018


Finally a short trip after my exam last month ! My friends and I decided to stay in KSL resort after hearing good reviews from my father and one of my friend actually stay in KSL before . So far I did not hear any negative feedback. So I would like to experience it myself ! 


We book for one night - Superior twin / Triple / Twin Room Only for RM234. Convert to Singapore dollar it will be $79 (2.96 exchange rate). Each one of us paid about $26.30! It is really cheap ! After the confirmation of the booking is done, we were told to check in at 3pm. Due to our K session ended a bit later, we went to the counter about 4pm. To my surprise , the counter staff told us that only smoking room is available and I told him that we are non smoker and we would prefer to have non smoking room as I do not want to get choke by the smoke. He is also unaware about the timing of the room availability when I ask him?! At the moment I am puzzle because there is standard timing of check out timing and also if the hotel guests would like to extend the check out timing they would need to pay additional amount. The counter staff will have record. What does he mean that he is unsure ? And I believe that during the booking of the room at KSL website there is NO Option available to choose whether the guests would prefer smoking or non smoking room? 

At the end , the staff ask us to come back the counter at 5pm. Out of so many hotels that I have stayed this is the first time I check in during evening. The staff was patient with us and putting a smile on his face throughout when serving us but I just felt that he can do a bit more to do service recovery. 


Sorry the room is a bit messy because it was taken in the morning the next day ! I did not manage to take picture when we check in because we want to quickly put down our stuff and head off to shop. 

The first time when we check in the room , there is no smoking smell . The second time we enter the room there is a strong smell of cig smoke. The smell last for a while before it is totally gone. Next time need to bring air refresher. 



The air con located at a weird location and the temperature is standard . We try to decrease the temperature but it will go back to original 24 degree. I worn a jacket when I sleep thinking that middle of the night the air con will get colder but to my surprise , I woke up and took out my jacket because it is way too hot ! I didn't even cover the blanket fully and I stretch my leg out to feel a bit cooling. It felt that the air con is not working. We don't bother to feedback as three of us is super tired after a long day ! 


We went to watch Jurassic World at KSL ! Late night movie and the show ended around 1am. The movie is super nice , highly recommend to watch it! After that, we went back to our hotel room and guess what ? 

BLACKOUT in our hotel room . We need to call the counter staff twice before the maintenance guy come. I think the waiting time is a bit long thats is why we need to call them twice.The maintenance guy came and solve the issue. The solving part is quite fast as he just need to reset it. 



Two bad experience in a day really leave a bad impression of KSL resort ! If my trip plan does not include midnight movie , there is a high chance that I do not need to stay in KSL resort again. I rather stay in a better hotel. 

Lastly, the KSL resort have four lift in total serving all the level. One of them were down - FYI the brand is sigma. We thought that three other lift will.be fast but guess what ? After I finish my magnum ice-cream the lift still havent arrive to ground level. The waiting time for the lift is super long ! Wait till my neck turn super long ! 

Anyone got any nice Jb hotel to recommend ?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments