DBS Marina Regatta 2018

By Tiffanythedeepfriedtofu - June 04, 2018

DBS Marina Regatta is back again this year! It is held over two weekends 26 and 27 may & 2 and 3 June from 10am to 8pm. I am here not as a participant in Dragonboat race but as a visitor! I came over two weekend but unable to make it last weekend due to the tight schedule and thankfully this week I am able to make it! I came down to say HI to my team-mate and at the same time can also check out DBS Marina Regatta! This is one of the activities that I will look forward to every DBS Marina Regatta!

I remember last year that there is a water inflatable slide and my team actually went to take up the challenge. It may seem ok when you are below, but as you slowly climb up heart rate increase! I still remember the feeling and the moment I reach the top I was like OMG I must be crazy! Feeling super nervous but I still went ahead to slide down and MAN! I totally did not regret the choice I made! That slide should make a comeback! 

This year is very special because I have my fiance Clement here with me to check out what DBS Marina Regatta is all about! This is going to be an eye-opener for him as this is his first time! 

The sky looks really beautiful and the weather is just nice! Not too hot and not rainy! Heng ah if not I got to bring my umbrella!

This section is actually the Creator's Market where you can see there is a lot of vendors selling food and beverage and I even see an area where they are a mini-lesson going on. Creator's Market is a communal social kitchen where you can make your own superfood snacks and acai bowls. Everyone can enjoy a lot of healthy snacks and drinks and sign up for craft and wellness workshops with their friends and family members! For children, there is also a workshop for them like DIY vegetable art! It will be a great time of bonding and spend time with each other!



We got our Bay Passport and all ready to check out those stations! Bring our dating to the next level instead of the normal shopping, eating, and movie! I wonder what are the activities available for us! 

Photo credit to DBS Marina Regatta 2018 



First station we actually went to SunPlay station! One of my favorite brand for Sun Block! This station all I need to do is to shuffle the cups and read out loud to the game master! Clement and I played together and guess who won? I WON the game! He drops the cup quite a number of time. If he did not drop the cup, there is high chance that he will win! We got 1 chop each for completing this station! Thanks to the game master for being patient with me as at the beginning during their explanation, I don't quite understand :) 


This is another game we spotted but we did not play as there is Q and got to wait for a while! It looks fun and brings back childhood memories as I always play this with my family! During my time, there is no such thing as IPad yet!


The second station we went to JBL! I thought we are going to listen to some music and maybe sing or something? But at the end, it turns out to be something easy ! Just follow @JBL_sg on Instagram! Before this I am already following them :) They gave me a water bottle - good to have it as I always boil my own water in office and bring it around especially when I need to go out on site very often! 



The third station is Ovaltine basketball! It is just beside the JBL! This is one of my favorites because is physical! I get to challenge with my fiance and see who got the most! Can you guess who won this time round? I am proud to say I WON! 


Happy girl with all the goodies I won from the different station! Can you imagine how many water bottle I got it at the end of the day? All the bottle I am going to give my future mother in law so that I will have all the Liang teh to drink! 



The fourth station is the Agility Challenge! I have seen many people playing and they are really fast! Their legs, hands, and eyes can shift every fast to spot where the light is. I think my body still in the sleeping mood, there are times the reaction a bit slow! Nevertheless, I think I did pretty ok! 

Stretch it out to hit that button! A good workout! 



 Live more, Waste less station! In order to participate, I will need to donate a bottle if not I got to play game four to win a bottle of orange juice! I finish the whole bottle before I play this game. My cute fiance chooses this super difficult pose and I have not idea why he choose this!! He had a hard time trying to 'win'. I am entertaining myself by laughing at him! 



I choose this easy pose instead :) 


HUA WEI is our last station! They are showcasing their latest model P20 Pro! The staff actually show us the benefit of the photo and we play around with it! I am amazed by the quality of the camera and how fast it can actually focus! Can I bring one HUA WEI P20 home? I am in need of getting a good camera phone so I do not need to bring a camera out for events :) 

The phone is so smart to identify the item! My first time seeing such an invention! 

For Bay Passport we just need to complete 5 activity to win attractive prizes! They have an attractive prize like Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10, Scoot return tickets to Berlin. I went to spin this wheel and I got the red color portion! Clement is super LUCKY, He got HUAWEI but it is fully redeemed already if not the phone will be mine! HAHA! Both of us have already participated in the lucky draw and hopefully, we hear good news from DBS! 


Battle Bay Extreme is Southeast Asia's largest land and water obstacle course. There is different level ranging from beginner, intermediate and advanced. Those people who like challenge and thrill seekers can push their limit to sign up for the obstacle courses and receive a goodie bag with exclusive DBS Marina Regatta branded products as well as TripleFit discount passes! WOW! 

I turn to Clement and ask him if he wants to try but because we are not in a proper attire, we give it a miss! (Sound more like an excuse hor!) No worries, we will be back next year and will be in a proper attire to take up the challenge! Seeing this makes me think of running man! 

Other than DBS Marina Regatta, there are other activities or event going on too at the same time! 

Can you guess what Q is this? 
The Q is super long to enter into Artbox! Artbox is Singapore's largest pop-up creative market, featuring a range of fashion, handicraft, food and more. There are also social enterprises such as Center Pottery, East Bali Cashews, Threads of Courage, Desi Hangover, The Kommon Good and Indie Mamashop! There are in total 20 social enterprises supported by the DBS Foundation taking part this year Artbox and these purpose-driven businesses are not only from local but also from Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, and Indonesia. Last year, I did not manage to make it to ARTBOX and I told myself to go this year. Due to a tight schedule, I did not manage to go this year too! Next year if ARTBOX is coming back to Singapore, I got to come even earlier to avoid the large crowd! 
Other than just selling food and beverage, DBS Marina Regatta 2018 also gave talent a chance to showcase their singing or performance to the public.  Personally, I have listened to Unemployedd sing outside MBS area. They are singing Mayday song and WOW they are really good! I hope to see more talents like them can perform on a bigger platform so that more people can enjoy their music. Maybe next year they can perform on the stage in DBS Marina Regatta 2019? 
I shall end this post with this beautiful picture! I am looking forward to be back in DBS Marina Regatta next year not just as a visitor but also a rower for Dragonboat Race! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments