Shape Run 2017

By Unknown - August 14, 2017

On Facebook, I saw Duo Reward is having a contest and the winner will walk away with one Shape Run free slot ! I was telling myself that there is no harm trying - at most don't win only ! Few weeks later, something pop out from my Facebook messenger ! Guess what ?  Duo Reward PM Me to inform me that I won myself 1 Shape Run slot ! Upon receiving, I quick reply them! No words can describe how happy I am ! Who don't like free runs ? 


This is the message Duo Reward send me! 





All these things is a MUST HAVE when I go for running events.

1. Garmin 235 - keep track my distance, time and pace. With this, I can easily push myself to achieve the goal I set for myself. 

2. Phone arm band - To keep my phone with me when I run because I have my spotify app inside. I got connect my phone to my bluetooth earpiece to listen to music. I did not purchase the offline verison, I switch on my data instead. 

3. Cap - need to keep my hair neat while running 

4. Sunglasses - prepare in case got sun come out. If no sun, then it should be my accessories on my cap to make me look good in picture 

5. Socks - It is supposed to help in my running somehow .... No idea whether work a not, I just wear it for all the running event ! 

6. Lastly, the most most most important thing is running shoes ! This is the first event I am wearing my Mizuno Horizon Wave shoes to run . Hope it will serve me well and no more lower back pain after runs ! 

Do you have anything different from me ?

--------------------------------

Wake up 3am to charge my phone, 4.45am wake up to prepare to leave home at 5am as the shuttle bus coming at 5.20am. Paid $7 for the bus. I did not manage to board the first bus, I got on second bus instead. The bus was late and we only set off from choa chu kang around 5.40am. It is very rushing for me because 10km will be flagging off at 6.30am plus I need to put my bag at baggage area and my friend Gladys will be waiting for me at the starting line as we want to complete the 10km in 1 hour. 


The bus driver drop us at Kallang wave mall bus drop off point and I got confused. After alighting, I don't see any volunteer around to lead the way and guess what? Monkey see Monkey do ! I just follow the crowd and walking super-fast as I don't want to reach there just nice. I need time to cool myself down after all the rush and prepare myself before setting off for my 10 km run ! 



Thankful, I manage to squeeze my way to the front. Feeling super warm up already and doing the exercise lead by fitness first make me feel even more tired : x 
I have no choice to do it because I am standing just in front of the stage. 



Our morning look and 3,2,1 off we go ! 
See you back later ! 




OH MY GOSH ! I cannot believe I got my PB of 1 hour 03 min ! 

I am pretty nervous for this run . Fiance told me to try my best to complete in 1 hour - 6.00 min pace. My comfortable pace is about 6.45 min and to keep 6.00 min pacer for 10km is challenging for me. I told him that no promise but I will do my best. First 5km I was running infront of 1 hour pacer and after that they take over me . That point of time I don't have much strength to play catching and I tell myself I just do my best and not let 1 hour 10 min pacer catch up with me. I keep running and also walking to catch my breathe and not forgetting to drink water. 

There is quite a few up slope for this run and to be honest I did not run up fully. I run half way then I walk before I set off again when I reach the flat ground. Everything was great and when I reach 7km I just keep running non stop till 8km. And when I reach 9km board, someone suddenly tap me and its esther ! I just keep running until when I saw the finishing line, I just run with all my might and the energy I left. I didn't monitor my timing on the last 2km. When I am nearer to the finishing line, I look at the timing I saw that it is around 1 hour 03 min. Totally cannot believe that I did it ! Even though I did not achieve 1 hour timing but I broke my own personal best ! 1 hour 03 min ! Yay ! 

Yes I did it ! 

1 hour 03 min - 10km 

Thanks fiance for your endless encouragement and believe that I can do it even though I am doubting myself. 



With Esther 



Gladys, Myself and Priscilla (new found friend) 
Just amazed on how we can click very well !



With Caron, My ex dragon boat team mate

Before I say anything, I just want to thank Duo Reward for the ticket that allow me to attend my first ever Shape Run 2017. As this is my first time joining, I am amazed by the goodies bag especially the amount of things inside. I love the running top as the materials is comfortable but for the crop top, it is just not my style. Everything is good except the bus driver who make my morning sweat like as if I run 5 km. The running route was alright and there is a balanced of slope. Most importantly is no human jam! All ladies runners which mean all will be more gentle and there will not be any pushing here and there. After run, there are also a lot of booth to get free gifts and food. Who don't like free stuff right? 

To be honest, If you were to ask me whether I will come back again for Shape Run 2018 
- my answer is YES I will come back ! 

WELL DONE SHAPE RUN 2017 !



Sorry I have to post this picture here taken by Running Shots ! 
I look so happy while other is just looking too serious in their running ;p 




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments