Muar Camel Trails Run 2017

By Unknown - June 08, 2017

Muar Camel Trails Run 2017
4 June 2017 
Paid about RM 110 (forget the exact price I paid) and I am too lazy to dig out the payment slip! 
Convert to Singapore dollar it will be $35 for 22.195KM! 

I arrived in Muar on 3 June with a running group called RTW Run Trek Walk! 
Paid about $100 plus which include lunch for both days, dinner for the last day, 1 night hotel
 stay and plus transportation! Thanks Gladys for the intro if not I will need to plan 
everything on my own! 


After lunch, we head off to collect our race pack at SJKC Chung Hwa Ketiga! 



Most people here are all Singaporean 


Q half way and RTW in-charge say that we don't need to Q as the organizer already pack aside for us! 
Yay! But if you were to ask me to Q, I also don't mind as I want to see how their race bag collection is like! 


At the end of the day, I still went in to take a look! 
The race day schedule is stated on the board instead of wasting money in printing on paper. 
For me I will read as I want to know the schedule and most importantly is the running route.
 I always fail to find out where is the finishing line, if I know I can push myself to run faster 
and complete the race with the desired timing! 


My running singlet + running bid 
Ask for Female L size will be safest because I don't like tight fit or too short.
 I prefer big and long as I will be wearing running tights. 
Can cover up so that it will not look unglam! 
Female runners will understand what I am talking about. 



Happy girl after collecting the running bid! 

In Singapore, usually they have a lot of boots set up to sell stuff like running socks, running shoes etc 
but this time round I only manage to see Garmin Store that's all! Maybe this one is a small event 
that is why they don't have much booth. 


After collection of race bag, head off to Hotel!  


Golden Lake Hotel 
No 2 Jalan Rivera 1, Maharani Rivera Tanjung Agas, 84000 Muar, Johor Malaysia
There is a Giant beside our Hotel which mean shopping time! Cannot wait to upload my stuff 
and head off to shop at Giant. I love shopping at supermarket 


My boyfriend went crazy over Magnum Ice Cream! 
So cheap! RM 4.52 - $1.46 


Saw this really huge Pepero! 
Wanted to bring back to Singapore but I don't want to carry it with me
as I will be heading up to Melaka with boyfriend and his family!



Spotted 3 cow near Giant supermarket.
Enjoying their afternoon sun and eating grass 
Simple life 


Drama mama evening I have 
Waited for taxi almost 1 hour and I am feeling so tired. I just want to have my dinner early 
and go back hotel to rest for tomorrow run! Didn't much enjoy the dinner because wasn't feeling 
very well! After dinner, transportation back to hotel also mafan! Need to find taxi 
but street can find none. Went to few hotel to check and they told me no taxi available :(  
At the end, when we walk a bit far to other side I saw a taxi and ask him whether he can send 
us back to our hotel. He charge us RM 10, thinking back boyfriend and myself is quite brave to 
just board the taxi. The taxi is super run down and anytime it can just burst into fire. 
Thank God he drive us safety back to hotel! 

Thanks boyfriend for sayang me to make me feel better :) 
Only you can handle me! Thank God for you! 

Morning I wake up at 4.30am as the bus will be here at 5am.
The flag off will be 5.30am. This timing is for 22.195 km! 10km flag off timing will be different!
To be honest, I don't have the feel to run because it feels like I am in holiday!
 Where got holiday need to wake up so early one! Haha! 


#Coffeetearunners is here as Pacer 
First time seeing this kind of cute balloon instead of timing balloon! 


#Coffeetearunners is going to lead us in the warming up 
Did you spot my boyfriend on the stage? He will be pacing and I will be running! :) 
I cannot pace yet as my timing for 21km is not very good and I need to stop and walk.
 I need a lot of training before I can reach that stage! 


Starting line 
Everyone is getting ready to kick start the run 



The question is still running in my mind. 
Should I run for my personal best timing or should I do a relax run ? 


At the beginning I was following 2 hour 40 minutes pacer and I realize around 7 or 8 km 
I start to slow down and I decided to give a pacer a miss. I run at my own pace and of cos taking
 out my camera to snap picture here and there. 2 hour 40 minutes was my best timing for 21km 
and I realize that I shouldn’t have follow the pacer and do it on my own pace. Keeping a consistent 
pace is not easy. Salute to all the pacers from #Coffeetearunners. 


I was thinking of enjoying the run but when I reach a point where the amount of runners around
 me is getting lesser and lesser. When there is a group of runners heading to my direction I was
 thinking if they are 10KM runner, so I quickly follow one of the runner and check his bid. Heng ah 
he is also running the same distance as me. That is when I start to tell myself that I have to push 
myself to complete the run below 3 hour and at the same time enjoy the run too! 



 Kampong life is something that Singaporean can hardly see in our own country! 



 While running, can see cows and horses around. 
Look closely at the picture, did you see any brown color leftover? It is actually their shit! 
Other than just running, I will need to avoid stepping on them as everywhere on the running path has it. 



During the run, I keep taking picture and send it to my daddy to make him jealous!
Just staying in contract with my daddy despite being in Overseas. 
You can say that I am a Daddy girl! 

After knowing that I am quite near to the finishing line, I have to force myself to 
keep on running non stop all the way to the finishing line and there is the only place 
where I can really rest ! 



Based on my Garmin 235 I completed 22.37KM in 2 hours 54 mins and 46 seconds. 
Even though I did not hit my personal best, I am glad that I manage to complete
 the run and did it under 3 hours. I seriously need to train for upcoming runs! 

These are the list of my confirm runs!
Army Half Marathon
Great Eastern Half Marathon
Singapore Standard Chartered Full Marathon 





Thanks boyfriend for always so supportive ! 


Hello Wei Shan 



Hello Gladys 
Well done in coming 13th position for your 10km ! 


Made some new friends through this run :) 
Nice knowing all of you! 


#Coffeetearunners pacers getting ready for photo taking 


There is always a one person who will take picture of  #Coffeetearunners 
He is none other than Lincoln who is also the founder of #Coffeetearunners 



David Pong & Boyfriend 


Super cute medal ! 



After run, while waiting for the bus to come and fetch us back. We just seat down happily eating. 
Surprisingly there is a lot of things to eat. Watermelon, Papaya, bread and many more. 
But sadly, there is no Nasi Lemak ! I still hear from people that half way through the running route there is 
a stop where people can stop and eat Nasi Lemak. I thought that was interesting that why I want to come and experience myself. It is not true :(. I only see they serve pepsi drinks which is not very common. 


Lucky draw prizes are very attractive - Garmin Products 
Why I never win :(

After the lucky draw, we waited a while before heading off to take bus back to Hotel! 
Super tired! Can't wait to have a good bath and rest on the bed like a boss! 
We are going to check out the hotel at 12.30 pm and since we have time we
 just went ahead to massage nearby. Leg massage around RM 58 for 1 hour which mean $18.77.
 The whole massage process was painful till I don't dare to even shout. 
Only those area where I cannot stand pain, I will let the person know. 
After the massage is done, my leg feels that it has not run yet. Feel so light and comfortable. 



Before we head off for lunch, we went to get some local delights! 


Thinking of just getting one box to try on the spot and guess what? I am in love with the taste! 
It is so good that I bought two boxes of Durian and another box of mango! 
I can slowly enjoy eating it at my comfortable home. 



Otah 
My all time favorite. I did not buy back. I just get the cooked one and eat on the spot instead! 

After shopping, we went off to have lunch and boyfriend relative came to fetch us and off we go to meleka ! 
Do stay tune to my meleka post :) 





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments