Mizuno Wave Horizon running clinic

By Unknown - June 23, 2017

Thanks Lincoln from #coffeetearunners for the opportunity for me to be here to attend the running clinic by David Shum who is the Brand Ambassador of Mizuno and at the same time trying out the new shoes from Mizuno ! Going to wear Mizuno Wave Horizon for 5km run later
with the rest of the participants! 



Super excited to see how the shoes look like




TA-DA 

I am in love with the combination color of orange and purple 
Can't wait to see how it looks like after putting on and the feel of the shoes! 
Those who don't know I have a low arch feet and for those unsuitable shoes my feet will hurt! 


David Shum start his clinic by introducing himself and slowly moving forward to share 
about different feet type. 

I knew mine was high arch because last year I went to Mizuno retail store at Velocity Novena Square #01-15 to try out their machine to understand my feet type and through the testing the report showing that my feet is low arch. If you are interested to find out what type of feet you are, feel free to check them out at their retail store. 

Which type of shoes is suitable for what kind of run? 

The right bottom shoes which is red in color on the screen, I have 1 in yellow color. I wore this pair to do light running in the gym and at the same time for fashion! The yellow pair is really pretty! Thinking of it, I indeed have a few pairs of Mizuno shoes! 



This is what so good about Mizuno Wave Horizon shoes! 

1. Wave plate 
- Cushioning and stability 

2. Snug fit 
- fit nicely to secure your ankle 

3. Stable ride 

4. Solid Construction 



Talking about the different runner's injury 

After sharing, we did some warm up before heading off to run 5 km! 


Let's go! 


David was sharing with us how we should run when running in a normal path and 
how we should position our legs when we running up slope. 

He demonstrate to us and everyone is paying attention to what he is doing. All of us absorb as much as we can so that later on when running back, we can put into practice. 


Running under such a hot weather can really drain myself out man. I think next time in order to fight those external factor I will need to listen to music. I need a new running ear piece, anyone got any brand recommendation? 


Worn Mizuno Wave Horizon for the run and use Garmin 235 to track my distance, 
timing and pace! Will share my review at the end of this post. 


David also show us some of the core exercise we can do that can help us in our running 


Photo credit to Lincoln! 
Pacer for this clinic from #coffeetearunners 


Photo credit to Andy 
Jump shot! 

Photo credit to Andy 
Picture with the participants for the clinic! 




Weekly Thursday run with #coffeetearunners at Vivo City boardwalk entrance at 7pm! We can be easily spotted with our super bright and nice #coffeetearunner tee! We are runners with different background coming together to achieve the same goal. You will not need to be a super-fast runner to join us because I also not a fast runner but I want to improve myself! So I have to always keep pace with the pacer and keep pushing myself out of my own comfort. I glad I did it to keep up the pace of 6.30 until the last lap! If I can do it, you can do it too ! You can drop me an email tiffanythedeepfriedtofu@gmail.com :) 



Esther and Myself 

Review on Mizuno Wave Horizon

To me, the design of the shoes is equally important other than just making sure that it fit my feet! The moment you wear it out of your house, it will represent you and the feel of wearing it's different. Something you are proud of. I believe all the ladies will know what I am talking about. Is like you buying a Prada bag and bringing out for shopping. The feel... That is what I am talking about! 

And also it is very important to know what type of feet you are in order to get the right shoes for you. If you have arch problem like me then I will need to find shoes which have more support. Previously, I did search high and low for support shoes that is suitable for my feet. I tried a few brand and their support is still not enough for me. I have no choice to get one that I feel it is the best. I wear it for run and I can feel the pain on my arch and pain coming from my low back. All the time during the run, I can feel the pain on my arch. It is no joke and this has been happening for almost a year. The only solution for this is to find the right shoes or get an insole. I worn Mizuno Wave Horizon to run and I don't feel any pain during the run but after the run I can feel a bit of cramp at my arch area. In order to "remove" the pain, I decided to get an insole support. 
The reason why I want to get the insole support is because the features of the shoes is really good and personally I really like the stability and snug it. I want to invest a bit to perfect the shoes for my feet. 

For those normal feet, you can totally tried this shoes out. It feels very different from other brands that I personally tried. My feet feel more secure and feel more stable when you run ! If you are interested in getting, you can get it from World Of Sports. 

Disclaimer : This is not a paid post and everything is written based on my personal opinion and experience. 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments