Happy 6 Month Anniversary

By Unknown - January 22, 2015

Time pass real fast! 



Looking back, I still remember that when i was in Outward Bound Taiwan Internship i am already starting to plan what i want to work as after i am back to Singapore. I planned to join Outward Bound Singapore but thinking through that i have 3 years contract with them and i can't guarantee that during weekend i am able to come out to attend service and cell-group meeting. To me personally, family and religion is very important. At the end, i give a miss to go for the selection and till today i did not regret the choice i have made. 

After coming back from Taiwan, i started to look for part time job as an camp facilitator. I went for interview for this company and during the progress of the 'interview' , i don't really like how they handle and at the end , when they call me up and say that i was selected - I rejected them even though at that point of time , i am desperate looking for a part time job . I was kind of stubborn as i only want to be in this field and i went to ask my ex school facilitator for advice and he ask me to consider joining TAM. He mentions that there will be fees of $200! I was thinking why join for a job need to pay money? Worth it a not? After thinking for a few days, i decided to give it a shot and i went ahead to the TAM course. Through the course I really learn a lot of thing and $200 is really worth it. After finishing the TAM course, I actually went to work with them as camp facilitator oversea in Malaysia. I took secondary school kids and I really enjoy doing camps with them. Slowly, I proceeded in taking polytechnic students instead. To be honest, I don’t really enjoy taking them. At that period of time, I was under so much stress thinking whether I am doing alright a not. Maybe is just me can’t overcome that fear inside of me. Despite that, I still learn something out of it J . Other than camp facilitator, I work as climbing instructor too. Not an expert in this year but at least got a bit of experience.

After working for 3 months, I decided to start looking for Full Time Job.  I went to sign up an 'Account " with Careers@Gov and after account is done , i slowly search for the Job i am interested in and wait for good news to come ! You can read the progress of getting my Full Time job at this link : http://missytiffany.blogspot.sg/2014/07/stepping-into-working-life.html ! You can enjoy reading the stories ! I got into National Park Board as a Facilities Officer ! 

I been working for 6 months already and i have went for the job review with my bosses. Will not share the content , but if you are interested to know you can ask me personally - i am always willingly to share my experience ! To be honest , when i first started to work , i make a lot of mistake and always hear my boss saying : " Tiffany , you need to make changes. Ahh ! Manager please guide her ah ! " . Something along this line and slowly i learn along the way. If i don't make mistake at the beginning how i know whether what is acceptable and what is not. But of cos don't always make mistake after multiple times , if yes , there must be some reflection to be done , what is the problem causing it ? I really thank God for awesome colleagues i have. To be honest , even though i am a extrovert person, i don't talk to people whom i am not uncomfortable with and sometimes i kind of choose people to talk to . I am glad my colleagues are super fun people , even though i am a bit quiet they will still come chit chat with me to know me more and slowly we begin to become friends instead of just colleagues ! 
i think stepping into the workforce, not just getting the Job you want is important but having good colleagues and bosses are very important too ! In my work , when i don't understand anything or unsure of anything when i ask anyone in the office for help , without any question asked , they will help me out. TRUST ME , They are busy people and they never turn me down when i need help. I really feel thankful for their help and no matter who tiring is working , i still enjoy my work & the accompany of my colleagues till today 22 January 2015 ! 

I am looking forward to many years of working & Another news i would like to share in this post is that i am going to further my studies ! I am going SIM to take Degree in Facilities & Event Management - Part Time Course . At first my planning was to take scholarship from my company but then due to i am a very new staff i am not eligible. Since i want to do it , with or without scholarship i will still proceed and i can see that i will have shorter sleeping time when school starts ! 

Jiayou Tiffany ! I am going to do well in my work & studies ! :) 
Those who are out there still looking for Job , don't worry , continue to apply and keep the faith and spirit up ! You will get the Job you want ! 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments