Makeup Refinery Skin Care and Makeup Workshop For Bloggers

By Unknown - May 21, 2013

Thanks Sherie Chan from Makeup Refinery for inviting me to Skincare and Make up workshop for bloggers ! 

To be honest , when i saw the email , i was really happy because all the long i wanted to learn 
what is the right way to put on make up ! I know a bit of basic about make up but i have never 
really put make up confidently ! So my expectation of this workshop for skin care is to learn 
something that i do not know , as for the make up i would want to learn about the step and what 
are the make up items needed for the face ! 

You guys might be thinking that all these information can be found online and Youtube 
then what for still want to go for workshop ? For me i need people to guide me along and 
i always have lots of question to ask to clear my doubts especially in the 
area of skin care and make up ! 

Hopefully i am able to step out the workshop with an heavy mind full of knowledge about skin 
care and make up ! 

When i came into the room , each of the bloggers and their + 1 have their own seats 
and have their own equipment needed for the workshop later on ! 
As usual for me , when there is a mirror i will always cam-whore myself first ! 


Each bloggers should have all these items on the table :

- a mirror 
- a pearl pink hair band 
- two brushes 
- Tissue paper 
- mini stroform 
- A tools for easy apply on mascara 



Other than what the bloggers area have , on the table itself , there is also 
a lot of range of Mary Kay products !

Mark Kay was established since 1963 in Dallas, USA and has been in the market for 

50 long years. Its products are currently being sold in 38 markets worldwide and all their 
products are directly shipped from Dallas, USA with the following 4 key properties

1. tested for 21 months before launching of the products to the market. This ensures the highest

standard of quality, safety and performance for users. 

2.contains no fragrance except for shower cream.hand exfoliation which uses botanical extracts rather than chemical based. 


3.not tested on animals and no animals derivatives are used in its ingredients


4. Majority of its ingredients are botanical extracts and pure minerals rather than chemical based. 



Mary Kay Make Up ! 
For me i put make up ones in a blue moon and when i see Mary Kay skin care product 
and make up products, how i wish i am able to bring it back home and 
pampered myself ! When i got the Mark Kay make up items , there will be no reason 
why i should not put make up! 



Had lunch with Rui Ying , Jesscia and Angela before the workshop and we came in
about 10 minutes earlier ! The benefit of being early is that i can just take as many picture 
as i like and even cam-whore with my friends ! 


With my friend Angela ! I know she is super interested in skin care and make up that's why 
i bring her along for this workshop organized by Makeup Refinery. Cam-whore with her
before the workshop began ! 
Is just random for me to place my social media @ in the picture , because the picture
 with the black space will not look nice , that's why the idea of @ come in ! 



Sherie Chan 
Chief Beauty Trainer of Makeup Refinery

she is sharing with us what she is going to cover in today's workshop ! 



First Step  , Satin Hand Spa 


Outcome of using Satin Hand Spa: 
- the skin softener
-  the peach hand scrub away those dead skin 
- Brighter and supple Skin 


Do not scrub your skin too hard , if not it will turn red LOL ! 




I know my hand is super dark and i got that tan line ! That tan line is actually my 
Phiten band that i always wear ! Can you spot the differences ? If you can't spot i can 
understand because after i took this picture i show the rest of the bloggers they also say can't
spot but they actually can see the differences when they see my hands on the spot ! 



Second step , Oil Free Make Up Remover 

Some bloggers attend this workshop with their make up on and they are required to actually 
remove it if not how are they going to follow the steps that Sherie going to guide us 
later on during the workshop session ! 

The make up remover feel the same as moisturizer on your face. After you finish applying ,
you don't feel your face is dry as some other remover product will leave your skin dry !



Third step , Time-wise 3 in 1 - cleanser 
It includes Make up remover , cleanser clean face, exfoliate tone

Available for different skin types ( Dry / Normal and Combination) , for me 
my skin is combination ! 


Four step , Eye Spa 

Eye revitalizer - reduce dark circles
Eye gel - Sooth tired eyes and reduce eye puffiness 
Timewise Regena Firming Eye cream - Reduce wrinkles and firming effect on eyelids

After applying all the necessary Eye revitalizer, Eye Gel and firming eye cream , 
Sherie actually place an eye mask on my eye area ! :)
It is damn shiok and i feel like sleeping after a while ! 


Five step , Botanical Facial Masks 


Minimize pores size, firming effect and remove dead skin (exfoliation) 
- rub circular motion upwards 


Six step, Lip Spa 

Lip Mask to exfoliate gently on lips to reveal natural lip's pinkish tone 
lip balm to moisturize the lips up to 6 hours 



Seven step, Time-wise Moisturizer 

Just remember to apply it upwards and avoiding the eye area ! 


After all the necessary facial skin care , now let the make up began ! 

Jess is the model of the day ! Sherie going to do half of her face then 
later on, she is going to make up her own on the other half ! 


 Sherie explain to us which type of skin color suitable for which color for eye shadow ! 



When i am taking photo of her, she react damn fast to my camera ! 
Smile at the right time ! 



Usually i don't like to take photo with my hair clip up because i don't look good ! But this 
make up workshop make me look so pretty , that's why i will dare to just take photo ! 
But tie hair + clip my fringe is something i always do during training ! 


Playing around with the brushes ! 
and among all these products i love their Botanical effect F2 Masks & 
Mark Kay Mineral Powder



Botanical Effect F2 mask ! 

The masks is super cooling on my face and it does not 
give you a feel that there is something on your face and once been wash off, you can
 really see the differences ! My face look so brighter and healthier ! 




Mark Kay Mineral Powder 
The powder is really amazing ! 
It can make my face look flawless and the powder does not make my face 
look patch of patch of powder ! 



After make up all done , Cam-whore time ! 
Angela and myself !






Here is the end look , after all the make up is done ! 


Pretty right ? 



Took Photo with Lao Shi Sherie !

This is actually my first time attending Skin Care / Make Up workshop ! 
Overall , i can say that Sherie have lot of patient to teach me and guide me along. In the 
progress , i do have lot of question to ask her , and she manage to answer me ! When she
teach me , she didn't just say do this and do that , but she actually will explain to me 
why is this step needed ! In this way, it will increase my knowledge in skin care and make up ! 


Good new to all my readers out there, you can get to attend the Skincare and Makeup 
workshop for FREE ! AWESOME OR WHAT ?! 

All you need to do is to 
 email to makeuprefinery@gmail.com with the subject 
Makeup Refinery Workshop- Tiffany ! 

Faster ask your friends along to go sign up together  ! 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments