Share with me your thoughts

By Tiffanythedeepfriedtofu - April 09, 2020

Disclaimer: This is my personal encounter and the reason for sharing is because I believe there are a lot of people out there who experience what I experience at their own workplace and we choose to keep silent because that is what a lot of people tell me or us. If you do experience what I experience or something similiar can you share with me what you do or what you could have done ? 

Read and share with me your thoughts! 

As usual , report to work and I remember I need to attend quite a number of appointment on that morning. Suddenly, Mr A approach me at my desk to say that Ms A is looking for me and would like to speak to me. At that moment , I was thinking is there something wrong with my work ? Without thinking much, I went inside a room with Mr A and Ms A. 

Ms A starts to ask me question. Before this conversation happens, We are not just colleagues and also friends. My definition of friends means we talk more than just about work. 

It happens quite a number years ago (haha can't tell you when if not you will know which company) and this is what I remember. Ms A begin to ask me if I went drinking with the rest of my colleagues after our office dinner gathering at Town Area ? My reply is yes. Ms A ask me why is she, Mr A and Ms B is not invited ? My reply : its just a small group and whoever in the group want to invite it is open to everyone. It doesn't cross my mind who to invite and who not to invite. 

Ms A say that my colleague and my action leaving the makan place for second round is it purposely want to show the rest of my colleagues that we outcasts them that is why they are not invited. Personally, I am really shock upon hearing what she say because it has never even cross my mind before. What is more shocking is that Ms A ask me whether did we plan a drinking session to gossip about her ? My reply is NO. Back in my mind, why would my colleague and I spend so much money just to gossip ? Not 50 cents but count by hundreds. Ms A say that she don't like people to gather to gossip about her. ( I was thinking why would she think like that ? ). 

What more horrible is that she attack me personally verbally. Ms A say that my colleagues and I who went drinking with our supervisor is carrying their BALLS ?! (If that is true, I think I already have my promotion) My reply: No, I don't carry balls and how I treat my fellow colleague is the same how I treat my supervisor. But of cos if is higher management I definitely will not use the same treatment. Ms A say that my words and action is very different. ( What else can I say since she say until like that ? ) 

I breakdown inside the room because I felt very innocent and I don't know what the hack did I do wrong. I felt even worst when Ms A and Mr A two person questioning me , I am just an officer . They are both so much higher than me and I don't know why are they so affected by me ? Am I a threat to them? 

Ms A also tell me that this particular colleague of mine gotten promotion because of she put good word for that colleague. Ms A also say that she don't mix work and personal together (this sentence a bit weird right?) Ms A also say that she tell her team that don't bother carrying her balls because she don't like this kind and this method won't work for her. 

Ms A also say that I can go tell my Supervisor Mr B. Ms A say that Mr B is good in writing , she can also write very well. Mr B connection is good, her connection is also good. Ms A still say that she is considering whether want to bring it up to higher management in headquarter. Back in my mind, I was like HUH in what ground she want to feedback or complain to HQ ? 

Ms A also say that she don't want to hear me gossip about her . Again back in my mind, why would I do that ? Ms A also mentioned that her mother give birth to her not for us to gossips and she say she believe in Karma. What comes around goes around. Back in my mind, before you talk about Karma you should reflect on your own first. Plus you are so much older than me , why want to come find fault with me who is just an officer ? 

The whole conversation Mr A did not say anything. Half way through he left the room. So left me and Ms A. Ever since that incident, both of us never talk except for work purposes. If we meet each other, we didn't even want to have any eye contact with each other. I was thinking how a conversation can turn everything so ugly, if Ms A ask me in a nicer way like a friend I don't think the outcome will be like this. Plus Ms A still say that she don't mix work with personal. Hmmmmm.... 

Is this office politics ? Personal grudges ? Office bullies ? What do you think ? Share with me at the comment below . 




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments