Overnight Oats

By Unknown - January 11, 2017

I have been eating Overnight Oats for about 6 months since last year and till today I am still getting use to it. As usually I will have craving for other kind of breakfast like Nasi Lemak , Egg Prata or even those noodles where I can add chicken wing ! I am trying to eat it from Monday - Friday and weekend I can just eat anything and everything.

Based on the goggle answer on what Overnight Oats is - Overnight Oats are just Oats soaked overnight that absorb liquid you put them in - any kind of liquid that you like.

Let me guide you what ingredient you need to purchase before preparing your overnight oats:

1.      Organic Oats 500g 

Photo credit to Goggle 


- For first timer, you should get 500g to try out first before purchasing 1kg as you might not know if you were to like the oats you buy. There are different kind of oats in the market. Currently I am eating the Organic Rolled Oats (regular) from Anzen and it can be bought from NTUC ! I also bought baby oats from Dr Gram and this brand can be purchase online from Lazada.sg and Redmart.sg 
- Oats is a type of cereal grain. The health benefit includes healthy heart, diabetes control, and a reduction in hypertension, cancer prevention, and increased immunity.


2.      Soya Milk 

Photo credit to Goggle 

- I will always purchase the Soya Milk from NTUC because they always have discount for 2 packet! The brand I bought is called Nutri Soy Almond, less sweet or the normal one. There is also another brand introduced from my friend is Fresh Sobe Soyabean Milk - this brand I didn't see it from my house NTUC but I know BigBox at Jurong East got sell this brand as I purchase from there before too ! 
- Some people cannot take Soya Bean Milk so can try out those HL Milk! If cannot intake Milk, I think you can try adding Greek Yogurt (Not Greek Style).



3.      Chia Seed 
- I bought Chia Seed from online because retail store is really expensive. I bought my chia seed from Nutristic.sg . 500g for 
$16.90 and if you are a account user for shoppee sg app, you can get it for $12.90 only plus free delivery! The chia seed is good for Skin & Aging, Digestive Health, Heart Heath, Help Treat Diabetes, Boost Your Energy & Metabolism, Stronger Bones, Build Muscle & Lose Weight, Dental Health, Fight Breast and Cervical Cancer based on my goggle research. Not sure how true is it but I think it is worth the try! 
- Do note that it is advice to consumer 1 and a half table spoon of Chia seed will do!


4.      Fruits 
- These are the fruits that I will add:  Banana, Blackberries, Blueberries, Strawberries, Dragon fruits. 




The bottle that I have currently is this two: 



You can just purchase it at Daiso!

How to prepare Overnight Oats? ( It is very simple)

1. Pour in any amount of Oats you want to eat 
2. Pour in Soya Milk above the line of the oats 
3. Pour in 1 table spoon of Chia Seed 
4. Mixture it well 

Put inside the fridge and only take it out the following day in the morning! 

5. Cut fruits (Banana,Blackberries,Blueberries,Strawberries, Dragonfruits etc) into small piece. These are the fruits I will put in 

Once added, I will put my bottle into my cooler bag and bring it to work! When I feel like eating, I just eat it!
Do let me know if it works for you! Feel free to comment below to ask me question or email me at tingting_6765@hotmail.com I will try my best to answer you as I am not an expert in this area. 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments