GREAT EASTERN WOMEN RUN 2016

By Unknown - November 15, 2016



Thanks Jasmine for the running bibs and this will be my first time running 10 KM Great Eastern Women Run ! 
Quite nervous about it because I have not been running due to upcoming exams ! 
But few days before the run, I actually did a short run at my house area for about 5 KM to try out my new shoes from BROOKS ! Searching high and low for the right running shoe for my feet as I really need a good support for my feet. 
During my last run, I actually worn my normal running shoes for 21 KM and trust me , after 10 KM my whole left feet hurts and the next 12 KM is torturing man. So I tell myself that I need to buy a new running shoes before heading to the next run ! Even though pink is not my color but I have no choice because this running shoes is really comfortable ! 
Hopefully it will support well and I will have a joyful 10 KM Run ! 



The day before the race , after church service I went home straight to have a early rest as I want to be in a good condition to run ! Woke up at around 4.30 am wash up and get a car from UBER app . Usually I will compare price from GRAB and UBER and whoever is cheaper I will proceed with it ! Thanks God for $3 off discount and total ride cost me about $17 + . Once I reach, I follow the crowd flow and meet my Dragon-boat mate PO. She will be running for 10 KM too and this is our first time running together, what I mean is start together at the starting line not running together for the 10 KM because she is way too fast. For my previous personal best timing for 10 KM is only 1 hour 10 mins and hopefully I can break my personal best timing. For others , it may not seems important but for me is just breaking my own record and personal achievement ! Just love the feel ! 


About 6 am , we slowly move to the starting line and getting ready for the 10 KM journey ! 
The different color balloon in-front indicate different pacer. Different pacer will have different timing 
and the one I will be following is 1 hour. I will try my best ! Only less than 2 - 3 KM , I start to feel tired and my left
 feet is acting up so I decided to give 1 hour a miss and I just run at my own pacer and try to hit my personal best timing. First 4 KM was a painful run but after that when I get use to the pacer , I can run quite well and when I reach about 6 KM I saw 1 hour 10 min pacer and I get panicked because If they are in-front of me means that I won't be able to hit my PB. So I just run closely with them and I keep chasing and chasing and chasing until I reach 8 KM ! In my mind , I was telling myself "WOW ! so fast ah , left 2 KM only " and I just want to get to the finishing line ASAP. But guess what ? 2 KM seems to be very far away. At the last turn, 1 hour 10 min pacer were in-front of me and I was like "SIAN, confirm cannot hit PB liao" !  The next moment I saw the finishing line, I just increase my speed and give my 100% all out and when I look up at the timer I saw 1 hour 8 mins ! I was so happy and I am glad that the last stretch I did not give up ! 


After collecting my finisher medal , I just find a place to rest and enjoy my favorite yogurt ! 
This brand is really nice and not that sweet too ! Blue berry Greek yogurt ! I am going to NTUC to shop for this Yogurt ! 



Look at my happy face ! 


Congratulation to PO for hitting her personal best too ! Less than 1 hour ! 


I must really salute this lady beside me - Gladys Teo (The official Pacer for 10 KM ) 
I still remember she cannot run much because of knee problem and this year I started to see her Instagram
 flooded with photo of her running with her friends and BANG next moment she is training to become 10 KM pacer ! 
And SHE DID IT ! So proud of her ! 


 Photo credit to Great Eastern Women Run Photographer ! 

I really enjoy the run !  There is no congestion and there is a lot of running space. 
The water point is sufficient too and it is not crowded ! 
I can say it is really a well organized event and I would like to participate again next year ! 
Any ladies out there would like to join me ? 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments