Flea Market at Lucky Plaza

By Unknown - October 17, 2016


While I am travelling in Bangkok with my friend Joy, she was telling me that she has a lot of clothing at home that she never wear and would like to clear everything. So since I am also wanting to clear my stuff especially when I am moving out next year, so why not both of us just rent a flea market booth ? Since the past years, I did sell my stuff in flea market and so far the response is very good and I did enjoy what I am doing. So we decided to proceed with the booking of the flea market which is happening on 16 October 2016 from 12pm - 7pm ! 

Lucky Plaza Level 6 beside Jollibee ! Maybe can eat that after having flea market ? 


Above are my booking details and each booth on Sunday will cost $160 which means both of us each will pay $80 ! It is much more expensive than before, but no harm trying right ? Since both of us just want to clear all our stuff ! My booking supposed to be earlier but since my friend is unable to make it , I quickly email the person and next moment they replied ! They mentioned that we are allowed to change , if not I think I will be holding flea market alone.  Flea market must do it with friend then will be fun ! 

Looking forward to flea market as I can clear all my unwanted stuff and earn some pocket money for myself too ! No point keep all the stuff at home as it will not change into gold. Therefore, it is a good idea to sell it all at a reasonable price. 



Last weekend, I already started packing because at the same time I am clearing my rooms especially my cupboard, so why not take this time to choose what are the things I want to sell at the Flea Market. The morning before I set off to the flea market location, I woke up early to unpacked my other side of cupboard whereby I have a lot of brand new shoes and bags to clear. Not as many as I thought , so after a while I am done packing and this is how it looks like. I am wondering how am I going to bring down alone ? I try to make sure I carry my bag pack well and the rest I will just hold onto it since I am not going to take public transport ! 

In the past, I will take public transport but this time round I am sharing Uber with my friend and each person will need to pay $11 only. Not super expensive and I got to aim to earn more money to cover the rental fees and most important is the Uber fare. 


Thanks sister for finding me masks ! Based on the past experience, I knew the place is going to be super dusty and without the masks I will sure come back home having bad running nose and slowly I will start falling sick. Now is the period I cannot fall sick when I have so much assignment to do and exam to prepared ! 

Reach at Lucky Plaza @ 12 pm and by the time I reach level 6 it is already 12.10 pm ! The amount of time waiting for the lift is crazy, so we decided to take the lift down then up again . Typical idea ! When we reach level 6, I was totally lost and unsure where is it as there is no super huge banner that will guide us to the place. I AM SO LOST ! So I decided to find the place myself ! Thank God I manage to see an empty table beside the first store and I went to chop it before calling Joy and Dear over. The amount of people is crazy but the purchasing power is not as high as before.


At the beginning, we sell everything from $5 - $10 ! But after 1 hour 30 minutes have passed, we decided to drop down to sell $2 each instead ! I think we are smart to go with the strategy because that is when most of our items are sold ! Our neighbor told us that we slash the price down too fast already and I told them that we just want to clear and go home. Slowly people around also start selling $2, they must also know that the customer will only buy those cheap stuff which cost $2, $5 above is way to expensive for them unless the thing is very unique. 



All the way selling $2 until last 1 hour before 5 pm , we slack it to $1 each ! I hope the neighbours beside us don't hate us because we just want to clear all our stuff and leave the place ASAP because it's super dusty and I need to wear a masks on. If not, the next moment I will have flu :(  


It's great to meet really nice neighbor during Flea ! They offer me this sandwich despite me rejecting them. Sandwich not enough, still offer Fish ball ! It is good to have really nice neighbor which make your flea market more fun and interesting ! 


Joy and Myself :) 

My Feedback

Personally, I am quite disappointed how FLEAWHERE organized the whole thing. The space in between the booths is so squeeze and it cost $160 ! I think only at least 2 person can stand inside and rest of the additional have to head off to drink coffee. This is what happened to our Boyfriend and also one of my friend Kim who came down to show her support ! Thank You ! I hope the organizer can improve the booth spacing, I know you want to earn more money and put more booth inside a small space but must be reasonable ma.  At the end of the day is US who is going to share our experience with family and friend and with this kind of bad experience I don't  think I will  come back for a second round. 


Our very nice neighbor and nice meeting both of you ! 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments