DRAGONBATTLE 2015

By Unknown - May 29, 2015






DRAGONBATTLE SG 2015 

16 May 2015 

Orchid Country Club 


This battle is rather unique and it's not our usual traditional race. 
This DRAGONBATTLE SG is organized by DBI and SMU. 



All of us met up at Yishun MRT station and happily Q-ing to head to the race site ! 




My two favorite buddy ! 


I am really excited for the battle . Don't know what to expect but I am going to do my best. 
By the way ,this post is not sponsored. If any organization out there is interested to sponsor my team or myself do feel free to email me @ tingting_6765@hotmail.com

While waiting for the race to officially start . I was sitting at the pool side watching the battle going on between SMU team.Observing how they row and for those team who won , will see what kind of strategy they are using. Indeed is long and hard stroke which can bring you up the next level . 





I be participating in the mixed and the ladies category . 

In total , i lost count of how many times I actually row for ladies and mixed . Every time before i start rowing my heart will pump like no one business . Therefore , i will always breathe hard and tell myself to "KILL" them . Kill them does not mean i will do any harm to them , is just a quote to remind myself to win them . Making sure every stroke pull is hard and long plus the fierceness to scare them away. I am glad this can bring us to Grand Final ! 




There is quite a long break before Grand Final . When the grand final round , its already 6 plus already. I can feel my eyes getting heavier and body getting tired . All we do is to wait and wait ! 
At the end , when is our turn we went down with the mindset that we want to kill them the first round. We don't want to keep rowing for so many rounds. It's very tiring physically. The ladies team will be facing British Dragon in grand final. It will not be like the past few rounds which we can kill the rest just by using less than 20 strokes. 



I am glad that I can row together in the same boat with my two favorite buddy ! 


During the starting position , my heart was pumping like no one business because i can feel the pressure that we got to win them and of cos they are quite a strong team too. But i am still going to give my best and pull it all . First round , keep pushing myself to go really long and hard. I can tell that our boat is going forward but don't know why we need to go to the next round. That's very sad :( We still continue to go 2nd and 3rd round . The 3rd round they manage to pull it away and they bring back the champion ! For me i think its quite impressed that we manage to hold them for 3 rounds , not as if the first round they knock us out. I still feel proud and happy that we manage to fight it all the way to 1st runner up ! Good Job Ladies Team B ! 





Here is the results : 

Champion : Mixed Category 
1st runner up : Ladies Category 
2nd runner up : Senior Category 

After the race ended , one of my Ex-team mate running towards me and pass me a can of Tiger Beer ! I just took it. Before that he did offer me but i did not take it due to race is still on going and I don't want to let it affect . So, now i can drink all i want ! The beer is more than enough but quite sad is that there is no more food left . They still dare to announce that don't worry still got second round . I am so sad that my stomach is not filled with food but only beer ! 




One of my favorite Buddy Alison aka the team manager drink so much of beer without me realizing. If i knew earlier i will not let her drink so much . She was so high and i bet she herself don't know what she is doing . I guess her imagine is all gone. When she read this , I bet she is going to kill me for putting in up on my blog ! 

After sending her to the taxi stand , the rest of us walk back to grab our stuff and took taxi to the nearest MRT station. Carrying so many stuff and feeling super tired. I thank God that Mabel drop me at woodlands so the distance back home is shorter. Feeling super tired and all i do was to stare inside the train was staring in the blank. When i reach home , after unload my stuff i immediately KO.




I would say that Dragonbattle 2015 is a enjoyable race so far !
Totally different from other traditional race.
This race is more relaxing and the rules are more flexible ! I guess one of the reason can be is
that the organizing team are young people. Hopefully in 2016 , Kiyah-Splashh will be back again and hopefully the experience will be better.


I should end this post with my team photo !
If anyone of you are interested to join us , feel free to email us at
contact.kiyahsplashh@gmail.com 









  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments