Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon 2014 - 42km

By Unknown - December 19, 2014

The day is drawing nearer . 

Here i am at Singapore Expo hall Q-ing to collect my race pack for my colleagues and mine .Luckily i come earlier , there is no Q yet . When i reach the counter , after they pass me the race pack , the volunteer ask me to proceed to VIP counter to collect my Bid Number and they just ask me walk straight down . I walk down also didn't manage to spot a VIP store and i went to ask the volunteer and he ask me you already got the race pack and you come here for ? I was kind of pissed off . At least , you can check the race pack and see what is missing and see what you can help from there . I was saying : i should be the one asking you instead of you asking me and i told them the volunteer ask me to come over to collect the bid . 

A while later , after someone came to assist me and at the end i got my bid . I think next time please put someone who are able to help in the VIP section . Don't let people wait and hang down there don't know what to do . 


After i have collect my race pack , i went to walk around and see what i can get . Back of my mind , i already planned to get Gel and also running tights !For Gel , i have not tried any brands yet , therefore i just walk around to see see which one have a better promotion . At the end , i saw my DOAL mate working at Running Lab and they also selling Gel , therefore i went to approach him and he introduce me the Gel. He also share with me what is the differences and also at what stage , i need to take what kind of Gel .

At the end , i bought two Gel from him and it cost $2.50 each . Actually i saw other store having better deals , but since my friend working at Running Lab , i must as well just support him ! 
Sometimes is not about the price , but the friendship ! HAHA ! 

Did not manage to get running tights ! Maybe next year i will get a full running tights for now i just wear the short tights that i have recently get at IMM sports outlet store ! 



The race packet is quite disappointing ! My colleague told me that the race pack was quite bad , i did not believe him until i saw it at my own eyes ! Most stuff inside are promotion things only. At least the running top is nice : D 

The night before i sleep , i do tapping on my knee and also doing stretching. If you are wondering why i do tap the day before , is because i don't want to wake up 45 minutes earlier ! 
Tapping does not have the immediate effect on the support , it only activate it after 45 minutes. 
If you are wondering why am i using two colors is because i have two different brands to try out and lets see , which one can last longer . For the red color is from Acti-Tape which i purchase it at $20 per roll and the pink color is a free gift !I hope such a combination color will not attract too much attention :)  
I will be wearing this new pair of running shoes to run my 2nd ever full marathon ! 
Thanks to Mizuno for choosing me as one of the winner for the photo contest ! 
They have already launched this batch of running shoes , if you are interested to see their collection , head down to Marine Bay Sand mall basement to check out the blue and the pink one. For me personally , i think that the white is super nice and unique . I have not yet seen any brands out there have such a colorful running shoes yet ! If i am not wrong , they are selling at $199. 

I am totally in love with this pair of running shoes ! : ) 



The day have finally arrived ! Wake up @ 2 am , total madness ! I wonder how i did wake up successfully ? Supposed to meet my friend at 4am @ MRT station but i was late . Did not expect the train move so slow as usual timing , sorry to keep you waiting . After depositing our bag, we head off to the starting point ! 

From the picture itself , you can see so many BLUE BLUE humans @ Orchard ! 


I think everyone is feeling excited and can't wait to kick start the race 


Don't know what i will be expecting for this race because this is my first time running 42km in the morning . Hopefully the sun will not kill me ! I am going to do my best and the most important thing is that what i have started , i am going to finish it : )



Before the race starts , let's take a photo together first :) 
Jiayou for your run , Clement ! 



Photo credit to Running Shots 


Photo credit to Running Shots 



Photo credit to Marathon-photos 


My SAYS 

I bet my picture speaks a thousand word. I don't need to mention anything , by the picture can tell that running under the hot sun is not easy at all , especially the distance is 42km ! I wonder how those people can run 100km , they must be really mad ( Ops , i should not say that , maybe they are stronger in the physical and also their mind) . At the beginning of the run, i was feeling quite comfortable on the pace i am going , i was suprised that at the first 10km , i did not stop to rest or even stop to drink water even though it is super tempting . If i am thirsty , i will just drink bit by bit from my water bottle ! I run non stop till 23 km , i can feel the kick coming in on my knee especially ! I motivate myself to tahan the pain by looking forward to the next drinking station but after a while , really CMI , i started walking. Through my experience , once i started walking , there will be a lot of temptation to make me keep walking instead of running ! I kind of regret walking instead of jogging .

At around 24 km , instead of walking i try to slow jog but i guess i am way too tired and even though running , it is only very short distance . I keep doing that until i reach 30km , i started walking all the way to the finishing line ! The 11 km was really screwing my mind ,because my body was so tired even walking also so difficult , my body giving me signal to sit down and rest . To be honest , during the running i seen a lot of people sit down one side to rest , i am really tempted to sit down too , but i tell myself , NO ! Onces i sit down , i am sure i will keep sitting down because in this way my body will feel more comfortable ! I struggle through and i have no clue where is the finishing line and i have to what's app my friend to ask ! Another lesson to learn , always know where is the finishing line , so that i will know where to look forward to ! 

When i left 2 km to go , i keep looking out for the finishing line ! When i was the finishing line , i was so motivated and i started running towards it ! I was so happy that i made it , tears almost come out . That kind of feeling , no one will understand until you been through that 42km ! 



These are the things i take away from my 42 km run 

1. Train at least 30 km so that you can comfortably complete 42 km 

- The reason why i say so because i only train up to 14 km for this #SCMS2014 and during the actual race , i actually keep running non stop for 23 km . Normal training don't need to run 42 km , unless you want to train to hit your own best timing . 


2. Drink water bit by bit 

- The weather so hot , so i decided to grab a cup of 100 plus to drink ! One shot drink one cup and my stomach feel super heavy and super uncomfortable to run . If possible , drink bit by bit . 


3. Always know you finishing line 


I hope all these can help me do better for the next upcoming marathons ! 




I am glad that i manage to finish 42km : D 


After the run , i slowly walk back to the baggage area to collect my bag ! 
Once i collected , i just find one corner to seat down and relax for a while , supposed to meet my friend after that but then his phone low battery . So i just slack there a while , my knee aching like no one business ! I rest about 20 minutes , then change to my finisher tee . I don't want later i board the bus , everyone in the bus will smell my 'perfume' ! To me walking from one place to one place is not a problem but on that day , from F1 building walk to Marine Square is a super big problem man ! But no matter what , i have to endure it all out till i reach home . 


If you were to ask me if i will be back for Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon 
2015 - 42 km , my answer to your question is YES ! 

I WILL BE BACK TO HAVE A BETTER TIMING - 6 hour 48 minutes 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments