Jurong Island Dragon Boat Race

By Unknown - October 22, 2014

The night before , no matter how i force myself , i just can't sleep immediately ! I got to toss here and there , check out my phone a while and i guess about 30 minutes later than i manage to fall asleep . Woke up in the morning at 6.30am , wash up and prepare whatever i need before heading down to Lakeside - Jurong Lake ! I took my own sweet time when i get to know that i will not need to go down so early :) 

Thank God that the race is at Lakeside , from my house to get there , it requires less than 45 minutes ! I feel like whacking myself before i left my ear piece in office thinking that i do not need it :( Never Mind , next week i am going to get my SONY ear piece again , hopefully this time round it will not spoiled so easily ! 


Jurong Island Dragon Boat Race
11 October 2014

Since i am not going to start racing , i shall bring my camera around to take some nice pictures !


Does this photo looks familiar ? 

I remember during one of the DBS race , they also have a dragonboat on land to let people to take picture . This Jurong Island race even powerful , they put the boat on the stage for people to come take picture ! I was wondering , if they want to make the background looks nicer during the prize presentation group photo ! Good Idea thou ! 

Those who know me , when i see DB boat for picture taking , i will sure sit at the drummer seats because during race , if you ask me to become drummer i will reject immediately. I am very scared of water one and if capsize , i sure in panicked mood even though i know how to swim and i do swim laps in swimming pool.  Haha , talking about this , i still remember during one of the race , one of my team mates actually ask me to drum i was so shocked and i told him i can't . i can't overcome that fear in me. Anyone got any suggestion how i can overcome it ? 



Medals & Trophys placed on the table 


Here are some of the picture of the sites : 
Yes , that is MILO VAN! 
Now seldom you will see this Milo van ! I still remember is during primary school sports day then i will see it . Their drinks is always so nice , you can never find the taste anywhere else , not even Milo packet drink. 


Different teams Area


Warming up before heading down for race 


Warm up this word quite contradicting right ?
Not only just doing stretching but is warming up the body. For me , i like to do push up and jumping jacks to warm up even thou is tiring. Sweat it all out and making sure all the muscle wake up liao.


This picture was taken before we heading down for Mixed . With a few of the MND ladies : ) 


Mixed team already now . 
All of us are ready to head off to the starting point . 

Despite rowing for so many races in the past , everytime before i go down for race , i am always soo nervous and can feel that butterfly inside my stomach man . But i tell myself on the starting line thaf i can do it and i am going to give my best . No regrets after i cross the finishing line . 


The night before the race , i also cant sleep . Maybe is nervous for the race since is my first time rowing with MND .

I Row for twice and we get into GRAND FINAL !
Sadly, i did not manage to row during Grand Final.


Everyone gather in-front of the result board to check out the timing .
I can't remember what is the timing , all i want to know is the position.
Can you guess which position we got for Mixed Team ?


I love the shirt design : )
This is the first time my DB shirt is so colorful and outstanding , i totally love it !



Scroll down for photo with the ladies : 






If you are wondering , why am i taking picture with so little people is because i just join the team not long ago and is weird if i approach those people who i don't really know well personally and ask them for picture. So i just take picture which i know them personally, after a few chit chat session during training and race day :) 


Happily heading towards the stage area to collect our medal.
Everyone is feeling happy and excited about it. 


All winning team are gather here to collect their medals . 


I took a random photo of him , when he is taking picture of us standing waiting for the prize presentation !



MND Ladies won something ! :)
Third place - Finals 




When they announced the winner for mixed team , our team went up to collect our medal !
We got 2nd place in Grand Finals ! Good Job Everyone :)



Group Photo with the mixed team . 

Overall , was a good experience and i am looking forward to upcoming two races! ;D 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments