MND Dragonboat Race

By Unknown - September 23, 2014


This picture is taken on Saturday morning @Bedok Reservoir ! 

The first time since i started working , i do not need to wake up early for training ! My body clock just wake me up at 8.30 am in the morning and waking up craving for food ! Tempted to order Mac delivery but at the end manage to kick off the craving and tahan my hunger all the way to 10.30 am ! Left home and head down to Lot One shopping mall to have my favorite meal which is Subway ! 

While waiting for the rest of my teammates to reach , i shall hide under one of the shelter because the sun was so bright and hot ! I am sweating non stop , even thou i am wearing sports attire and my favorite Oakley Sunglass ! 

Oh yeah , if you are wondering what i am doing here ! I am here for MND Race
MND stand for : Ministry of National Development ! Companies like NPARKS , AVA, BCA , HDB and many more . If you are interested to find out more , do check out at this link : 
http://app.mnd.gov.sg/AboutUs/OrganisationStructure.aspx

 Of cos , i am here to row for my company NPARKS , representing my department which is facilities management :) 


During one of the training at Kallang , I saw my church leader KY ! From there , then i know that he is rowing for his company HDB ! Since i am also here rowing for my company , why not take a photo together ? You all know me lah ! I love taking picture ! Some of them i will post , some i will not post , its depends ! If i take picture with you and i don't post it online , it does not mean i don't like you. Managed to catch up with him a bit before i left to go find my team :) 


Saw KY from far and i went up to him . This picture was not planned ! Is when i approach him , my friend was alone and she was taking picture of the place and when she send me those picture , i managed to see this picture ! I find it quite nice ! Two red's in the middle of so many other colors ! HAHA ! 



Everyone is getting ready ! 
Making sure we have our life jacket , paddle with us and of cos recharge our body with 
100 plus , red bull and eating of banana ! In this kind of weather ,  i will prefer to drink an can of cold 100 plus ! After drinking , it just feel so shiok ! 


After we prepare , we head out to wait for our team to be called ! Is better to get ready early instead of last minute so that everyone is mentally prepared ! Let us give our best we have and put what we train during training into action ! 

Last shot before we head down for race 

 I rowing for the mixed race and quite disappointed that we did not win anything.  I guess my expectation is higher because i have being a rower for so long , but nevertheless i hope this experience will be a learning journey for everyone and for the next race , let train harder together as a team and shine for our company ! 



Scroll down for more group photo taken on that day : 


Good Job everyone and i shall see you guys soon ! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments