McCafe Workshop Preview

By Unknown - May 10, 2014

I would like to thank Omy.sg for the invite to be the first few to try out the new menu that McCafe is launching 8 May 2014 ! 

So here i am at Yew Tee square McCafe ! I am so happy that they having their launched here at Yew Tee because is near my place and next time when I look for place to do up my blog post , I where I can do it ! Sitting down drinking coffee and blog ! Like a enjoy life only. 

Those who do not stay in the west like me , don't worry ! The place is very easily located ! 
You take a train down to Yew Tee mrt station , walk straight and you will get to see it ! 
This Is the McCafe
It is too big for you not to notice it ! 
Really nice place for you to be alone sitting down reading a book or maybe a place for you and your friend to chill out like an cafe ! Near MRT some more ! So convenient !

What is McCafe all about ? 
McCafe is a brand that is been brought to Singapore in 2003 ! The reason why they bring McCafe is because they want to make espresso coffee and to be accessible to all coffee lover in the island wide from North , South , East and west ! Over the years , McCafe have established comfortable and laid back approach to coffee , great value price, friendly and welcoming environment ! 

Now in Singapore , there are about 50 McCafe outlet. If you want to find out the outlets , you can check out at www.mcdonalds.com.sg/McCafe ! 


I was surprised by the turnout, I thought it will be a small event ! See how much people is here , full of bloggers and also other media personnel ! 


Check out their counter, so nicely done and I can't resist but to take a picture of it ! 


Their beautiful creation

By the way I didn't know they do sell sandwiches at McCafe even thou my house area do have McCafe but is not as big as this outlet ! I think is good that McCafe have more variety of food choice for consumer to choose from instead of just cake , muffins and coffee ! Maybe in the future , they can have different coffee favor of cakes ! I am a lover of Caramel, anything with it I love it ! 


All these on display is their new muffins and cakes ! 

They have double chocolate muffins , mango yogurt muffins and wild berry muffins & Oreo cheesecake , strawberry cheesecake and mango cheesecake


Another picture of their cakes & muffins ! 

While the programs have not started , why not take a group photo in front of the counter ? Such a nice place to take picture ! 


With other bloggers + Barista Hong Liang from North Point the McCafe !

 If you stay nearby there , you might want to drop by ! Help me say Hi to him ! 
He is very shy so when you approach him do it with a smile and a friendly manner Haha ! 


I ordered Ice Caramel Macchiato !

 I always order Caramel Frappe and this time round I want to try something different but with Caramel as i already mention I am a great fan of Caramel ! It's was not as sweet as i thought , is just nice for me ! I remember that I was told that if the drink is not sweet , I can add more caramel inside my drink ! Is good that the drinks is not too sweet as now i am cutting down my sweetness intake & nowadays more people are getting more health Conscious ! 


Props are given, so how can I reject it when is just so cute ! 
Even thou the picture does not turn out as nice as i expected , I will still want to 
post this picture on my blog ! 


Everyone is feeling so thirsty and we just put our straw and start drinking ! We have not even take pictures yet ! Therefore I am trying different angle to grab a nice picture of the drinks ! This is the two picture I think is nice ! 
From today onward , you just need to pay 70 cents more and add any choice of syrup - roasted almond , chocolate or caramel to any McCafe drink and creating a unique drink that you call your own . 


From left to right : 

Green Tea Frappe , Mocha Chip , Ice Latte and Ice Caramel Macchiato ! 
Can you tell among the four bloggers who is very thirsty ? 


Do you know that McCafe only uses 100% Arabica coffee bean which is known for their quality and richness of flavor . Each beans distinctive flavor is a signature of this particular land of origin. After picking and roasting , it wil have an prefect balance of aroma , taste , sweetness , combined with a round smooth aftertaste. 




Each of the bloggers and other media personnel was given an round brown color lookalike coaster ! 
We got to design it based on our creatively ! I dislike drawing because I have totally no idea what to draw , so since I love the run , I shall draw myself enjoying myself at the beach side : ) 
Pardon my ugly drawing ! 

After drawing , I still have some time so I grab the props and make it to a face with my brown design coaster ! Is very random doing , what come into my mind on that moment , I just do it ! I find it rather cool , don't you think so ? 


Barista Hong Liang ask us bloggers if we want to try create our own art ? 
Of cos we want + plus this is my first time doing it and I always love exploring new things ! 



It's always seems to be easy to see Barista doing it but I wonder how it would be like when I am going it my own ! 
I need to make sure the Milk does not have bubble and I got to shake it lightly and hit it gently on the table. Later on , from the second picture I need to pour the milk out to the tip and start pouring it directly into the cup till is fun and I can start doing my shape ! 

To be honest , I did not know what I want to design so I just go with the flow and this is my outcome. First thing come into my mind was a pig butt with cute tail ! Other people were saying it can be seen as a stingray.

In order not to make it look like a pig butt , I can design using a temperature stick ? Sorry I don't know what does it called, later when you scroll down you will be able to see what i am talking about ! 


Let's welcome Azizul , who is working as Barista Leader at Liang Court McCafe !

Did not manage to take his face as he is 100% commitment to show everyone the 
3D Art effect on the drinks ! I would say what is that , why not you try guessing ? 

Scroll down to enjoy the process of him doing the 3D effect















Something really cool ! Those who can't see what he is doing , we 
can watch him on the screen clearer ! 

Here is the final product : 

The answer is : The Cat jump out wanting to catch the fish inside the water ! 

Have you guess it correctly ??

Side track a bit : from this picture the fish look like some white ghost floating around . 


The dessert we ordered just now have arrived : ) 


Hilmi came to our table and show us how we can use those syrup to 
design an pattern on our plate with our dessert ! 

 Let me share with you some background about him.

 He left to Australia in 2009 to study and he graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts from The university of Tasmania.  After that , he came back to Singapore in 2012 and work as an McCafe trainer and he has been leading the training of McCafe espresso class and inspiring many of their Barista to create perfect Espresso !


With the design it make the whole dessert look way more beautiful ! I think no one want to eat it , just want to keep it for display because it is just too waste to eat it into our stomach . 


Strawberry cheesecake 
Enjoy our delectable, creamy cheesecake made butter with swirls of strawberry sauce and real strawberry fruit bits. 



I ordered Mango Yoghurt Muffins

They should have caramel muffins , I will confirm order ! I love How my design is so simple ! 
Just sign off with my name plus my usual heart shape ! 
I am proud of my own design : )



Thanks Denise for helping me take picture while I am focusing on learning how I can design my own !


From the first picture , i can see how do i look when i don't smile ?
I really look kind of fierce and unhappy ! But i am not ! I just want to focus on how i 
can do the design ! 







Is really not easy man ! 

Just buying doing one cup for myself , already kills me and I wonder how Barista able to do some many in a day ! If you go down to any McCafe and order drinks , do remember to thank Them because they were trained before they are allowed to be there on the counter to do the drinks for you ! 

Now I already know how difficult it is . Next time I go down I got to thank them for making such a nice design on my cup to make my day smiling : ) 


Happy girl able to design my own without needing to work in a cafe to gain 
experience like this ! 

Those who love coffee or want to know more about coffee ? 

Good new for you ! McCafe will be giving all young coffee loves from 16 to 35 years old , a free complimentary coffee appreciation workshop ! This is an long term commitment that McCafe have committed and the purpose of having this workshop is to inspire participants with a space whereby they have the freedom can create and express themselves with coffee as their canvas.  When you join the workshop you will be able to learn the different type of coffee around the world and how you going to manage those machines they use ! The workshop is conducted by HILMI McCafe Master Trainer who have 10 years of experience in this industry ! 

Each class will only allow 6 to 10 people and they will be having two session in September and another two session in December . If you are interested to take part , do send an email promotions@sg.mcd.com to show your interest ! 

Registration will open  from 18 August to 1 sept 2014 ! The first two workshop will be on 6 and 13 September, seats are very limited ! Go write down on your schedule book and 
when the day come , do send email and also grab a few friends to go with you too ! 


Picture of our table dessert and drinks ! 

I didn't manage to eat a lot also as i don't have the craving for dessert , usually I have but don't know why on that day don't have :( 

While i am taking picture of my own table food , i manage to spot this table which have 
lot of different cakes and different design of drink ! Therefore i went forward to ask for permission to take photo. I really love this picture, it just gave me a feel of being 
happy ! Maybe the color do play a part ! 


Can you guess what is this ? 
Is Hello Kitty 3D


3D HELLO KITTY done by Blogger Shi Min :) 


Nice meeting you again Jie Jie Shi Min ! 
:) 


Such a patient girl to do all these . Just by looking at her doing this , I feel stress for her man
 and it kills some of my brain cells.


 With Barista Hong Liang 

Thanks for your warm hospitality to us . You must be super shy to face a table of girls ! 
But nevertheless, i enjoy myself and indeed i learn a lot of things about coffee and the art ! 
keep it up ! Hope you can inspire more people out there who love coffee and don't know anything about coffee like me ! 


After everything is over , i just went to take McCafe props and play around and not forgetting taking lot of pictures ! This is my first event that i bought my baby out and i love the quality of the picture ! How i wish i got a bit more time to take more pictures ! 



Thank You McCafe for the Polaroid too ! 


I enjoyed myself a lot at McCafe Workshop Preview ! I learn a lot more about them and not just by knowledge itself but putting it into action ! If you want to get into action, do remember to RSVP to the email to attend their workshop ! Before i end this post , do feel free to follow McCafe instagram @MCCAFESG! 


Follow me on other social media platform : 
Twitter : @tiffanywong 
Instagram : @tiiffanywong 
Facebook Page : @tiffanywong 
Dayre: @tiffanywong 




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments