Singapore Water World 2015 Dragonboat Race

By Unknown - March 22, 2015

YO EVERYONE ! I AM FINALLY BACK TO THIS MINI BLOG OF MINE !

Those who is on my other social media should know that I have just finish my first race of the year. The race name is World Water Day 2015. It will be held at Singapore Sports Hub area on 21 March 2015 ,it's a one day event . I not sure whether is this the first time they have this event ? But i am sure is my first time racing. I be rowing for Dragonfly team aka Singapore National Parks Board and Kiyah-Splashh !
Photo Credit to Team Mate *


The very first race is actually the mixed category and dragonfly is actually in the heat 01 , lane 06 . I think there is good and bad being the first . The good things is that when you did something wrong , they will not be harsh on you. Like for example : Leaving from the shore to the starting point , there is a distance . And when the boat row toward there , they should use the lane nearer to the shore instead of the open sea. 

Photo Credit to Team Mate *



On the starting line , FOCUS and going to pull the hardest water and to do our very best . To be honest , i did not expect anything from my team ,i just want everyone to really focus and fight for what we want . Despite knowing that our competitor is very strong , we still stay steady and just do it . I am glad and proud to say that Dragonfly got in 2nd in the first round ! I am glad that we managed to be on par with one of  the strong team. 
I believe that we can get 1st if our last charge could be better . 



At the end of the day , Personally i feel a huge sense of achievement ! 
From nothing to something. Because we are quite a new team and we only started training
during July when i just started working in National Parks Board. This is only our second race and we manage to fight all the way up to Semi-Final. Due to the bad weather , we don't have the chance to fight our best into Finals. But still . Look at those happy faces ! 
This shows that despite not winning , we still can enjoy the whole process together!

The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together , the club won't be a dime. 
Babe Ruth




Kiyah-Splashh Ladies Team 

With Team President Raymond + Coach Hao Yuan 

Been rowing for Kiyah-Splashh since my ITE days when i first started Dragon-boating. Till today, I am glad that my senior Karen introduce this sports to me . Without her , i don't think i will be doing Dragon-boating ! When i joined the team , there will not much ladies and throughout the year , we have problem forming a ladies team. Only recently years , we have more and more ladies joining our team and can even form 2 boats if everyone were to come to training regularly. 


Based on the race result , the first heat we got 3rd position.
I did share with my team during the briefing that personally i am not satisfy with the performance just now , i really think and believe that we can do so much better ! After that , i did think through the whole race inside my brain to re-prepare myself again for the race. We did not get 1st position therefore we will need to go  to repechage. And guess what during the repechage , we managed to get 1st and we won a local school team ! Imagine school team train about 4 times a week and for us we only train 2 times a week . Hmm ! This prove that despite being physically strong , we need to be mentally strong too . So what you are physically strong , but when the other boat side by side with you and in your mind thinking that you are going to lose already . With that kind of mindset, it's really hard to win. So a reminder for you and me : 

Physical STRONG  + Mentally STRONG = POWER !



Great to see some of my friends :) 

Overall , it was a good race to kick start the year . I am looking forward to more races and hopefully we are able to walk home with a cookie !
Let's us train hard and always remember that the greatest competitor is not the boat beside you but is yourself. 

*( Sorry , not convenience to state down the name ) 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments